Fingerfood is trendy and delicious. And literally eating with your fingers. And polenta can be formed into cups which are great to hold the Italian filling and eat easy
After thinking it over I decided to go for a polenta cup as finger food. I've filled it with veggies, cheese, meat and a creamy crème fraîche topping.
You can eat it as finger food, but it's also really delicious as entrée. And the herbs and veggies are all in season right now.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Polenta cup with Italian tomato
Did you make this polenta cup with Italian tomato filling? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Polenta cups with Italian tomato filling
- 480 ml water
- 240 ml milk
- 160 ml vegetable stock
- 225 gram polenta
- 75 gram Parmesan cheese grated
- 30 grams butter
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red pepper without seeds, chopped
- 30 gram salami sliced fine
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 125 ml sour cream topping
- parsley leafs garnish
- Heat the milk, water and stock in a small saucepan.
- When boiling stir the polenta through the liquid and keep stirring on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir the parmesan cheese and the butter in.
- Butter a muffin form and put 1 tablespoon of polenta in each slot.
- Put a glas on top and push (a container form is created). Put the polenta in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 480 degrees Fahrenheit (250 degrees Celsius).
- Take the polenta out of the muffin forms and put the bowl on a griddle.
- Wipe a bit of oil on top of the bowls.
- Bake the bowl for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile prepare the filling by combining the tomatoes, onion, pepper, parsley, salami and lime juice.
- Put the filling aside for about 15 minutes (the taste will become much better).
- Just before serving put the filling in the polenta containers and spoon a bit of sour cream on top. Garnish with a parsley leave.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.