Polenta cup with an Italian tomato filling: Fingerfood is trendy and delicious. And literally eating with your fingers. And polenta can be formed into cups which are great to hold the Italian filling and you can still eat very easy.
I wanted to prepare some finger food. After thinking it over I decided to go for a polenta cup as finger food. I've filled it with veggies, cheese, meat and a creamy crème fraîche topping.
You can eat it as finger food, but it's also really delicious as an entrée. And the herbs and veggies are good available to.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Polenta cups with Italian tomato filling
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 480 ml water
- 240 ml milk
- 160 ml vegetable stock
- 225 gram polenta
- 75 gram Parmesan cheese grated
- 30 grams butter
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red pepper without seeds, chopped
- 30 gram salami sliced fine
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 125 ml sour cream topping
- parsley leafs garnish
- Heat the milk, water, and stock in a small saucepan.
- When boiling stirs the polenta through the liquid and keep stirring on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir the parmesan cheese and the butter in.
- Butter a muffin form and put 1 tablespoon of polenta in each slot.
- Put a glass on top and push (a container form is created). Put the polenta in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 480 degrees Fahrenheit (250 degrees Celsius).
- Take the polenta out of the muffin forms and put the bowl on a griddle.
- Wipe a bit of oil on top of the bowls.
- Bake the bowl for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile prepare the filling by combining the tomatoes, onion, pepper, parsley, salami, and lime juice.
- Put the filling aside for about 15 minutes (the taste will become much better).
- Just before serving put the filling in the polenta containers and spoon a bit of sour cream on top. Garnish with parsley leaves.