Roasted walnuts with thyme, a simple recipe for a surprising snack. Mix the walnuts with the spices, fry them briefly and the taste becomes intense and delicious.
Do you have a craving or a party and want to try something different, these walnuts with thyme are surprisingly delicious. You can season the walnuts with spices and by baking them for a while, that nutty taste becomes even more intense. Delicious with a glass of wine, relaxing on the couch.
And not only walnuts are ideal for seasoning nuts. Also consider almonds, pecans or cashews. Or make a delicious nut mix. Also delicious in combination with Greek marinated olives. A recipe you can find here.
Recipe roasted walnuts with thyme
Roasted walnuts with thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 250 grams walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Stir the walnuts into the butter and sprinkle with the sea salt, sugar, a pinch of pepper and water.
- Stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with thyme