Crunchy chicory boats 3 x different: with a delicious surimi crab salad, with egg mousse and/or shrimp flavored in a vinaigrette. Great appetizers, try them yourself!
Still looking for a nice appetizer? I even have three recipes for you. All three are chicory boats, but all with a different fill. And not only are they very tasty, it also looks super-festive. No wonder that chicory snacks gain popularity. Because you use the chicory as a bowl for your stuff you can eat that food without getting your fingers dirty, finger food at its best!
The first chicory boats are filled with a delicious surimi crab salad, whereas the sweet of the crab with the crunchy cucumber and the delicious spicy dressing make this a party on it's own. The second chicory bowls are filled with egg mousse, slightly sweet and very delicious. Egg and chicory have been a golden combination for years with us in my family.
And lastly, the chicory leaf is filled with shrimps, and also slightly sweet, marinated in a spicy vinaigrette. Sounds okay? And of course you don't have to make them all. It's enough to choose one or two. But whoever you choose, for sure you will love them.
- The filling of the chicory boast can be prepared a few hours in advance. After making it, put them in a bowl and cover it. Store the filling up for use in the fridge.
- The chicory boats/leaves are also well prepared in advance. Tear a leaf off the stalk and cut off the ugly part. Wash and dry them or let them leak on some kitchen paper. Put them in a sack with damp kitchen paper and close the bag (make sure the leaves are not crushed). Store in the refrigerator This way you can keep them beautiful for an hour or four.
Recipe Chicory boats: 3 delicious ways
Did you make this chicory boats 3 delicious ways? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Chicory boats: 3 delicious ways
Chicory with surimi crab salad
- 10 ml water
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ red chili pepper without seeds, chopped in small pieces
- ¼ cucumber deseeded and finely chopped
Chicory boats with egg salad
- 3 eggs hard boiled
- pinch paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
Chicory boats with shrimps
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Chicory boats with surimi crab
- Put the water, lemon juice, sugar and peppers in a saucepan and heat it while stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Then turn the fire off and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a second bowl, mix the surimi and cucumber with the sauce.
- Put 12 leaves of chicory before you and scoop some surimi crab salad on it.
- Optional: Garnish with some cresh
Chicory boats with egg salad
- Peel the eggs and mash them with a fork.
- Mix the eggs with mayonnaise and paprika powder.
- In a second bowl, mix the yogurt with the garlic powder and the chives.
- Put the 12 leaves of chicory in front of you and spoon a teaspoon of egg mousse on top followed by a teaspoon of yogurt dressing.
Chicory boats with shrimp
- Mix in a bowl of harissa, shalot, olive oil, vinegar and shrimp.
- Put the 12 leaves of chicory before you and divide the shrimp over the chicory.
Leave a Reply