A tasty snack for any party. Dates stuffed with a delicious blue cheese and then wrapped in bacon. The snacks are baked in the oven just before being served.
Today a delicious snack with a real Dutch cheese. As you may know , I am really a fan of pure and local food. This blue cheese is made in Brabant, the province I live in, in the Netherlands . That's pretty local I would say so. So when I went home with a piece of cheese in my bag, I knew that it tasted great in a salad, but there must be something more that can be done with this cheese? Perhaps a tasty snack. And it happened: Dates with cheese and bacon. And if your local store doesn't have this particular cheese? Then you can make this recipe with another blue cheese like Danish blue for instance. Or maybe you can make it with your own local cheese!
It's a good taste!
Dates with cheese and
Did you make these dates with cheese and bacon? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Date with cheese and bacon
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 20 dates
- 75 grams blue cheese Danish Blue, Roquefort or a local blue cheese
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the dates in half.
- Remove the kernel.
- Grab a cube blue cheese and put it on the place where the kernel was removed.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap it around the date.
- Lay the date on the baking plate.
- Put in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crisp. Serve warm.