With egg salad stuffed tomatoes: Savory, creamy, and easy to make. A delicious and budget-friendly appetizer.
In winter I like to make a warm snack like with goat cheese, apricot, and bacon, but in spring I like to keep my appetizers a bit lighter. And because the chickens are already laying delicious eggs, I find that a great starting point.
For this dish, I used delicious savory cherry tomatoes (buy the best you can get your hands on) combined with a slightly sweet egg salad. The perfect combination, but make sure you prepare enough of them because you can eat a lot of this appetizer!
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
with egg salad stuffed tomatoes
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 2 eggs hard-boiled, size L
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ shallot
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- Chop the chives into thin strips.
- Peel the eggs and mash them with a fork.
- Cut the shallot finely and add to the eggs.
- Spoon the mayonnaise, ketchup, and curry and mix everything well.
- Cut at the bottom a very thin slice of the cherry tomato, so it won't fall.
- Slice the top off and hollow out with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Then fill with egg salad and put on the serving dish.
- Repeat until all cherry tomatoes (or egg salad) is done.