With egg salad stuffed tomatoes: Savory, creamy, and easy to make. A delicious and budget-friendly appetizer.
In winter I like to make a warm snack like with goat cheese, apricot, and bacon, but in spring I like to keep my appetizers a bit lighter. And because the chickens are already laying delicious eggs, I find that a great starting point.
For this dish, I used delicious savory cherry tomatoes (buy the best you can get your hands on) combined with a slightly sweet egg salad. The perfect combination, but make sure you prepare enough of them because you can eat a lot of this appetizer!
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
with egg salad stuffed tomatoes
- 2 eggs hard-boiled, size L
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ shallot
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 10 grams chives garnish
- Chop the chives into thin strips.
- Peel the eggs and mash them with a fork.
- Cut the shallot finely and add to the eggs.
- Spoon the mayonnaise, ketchup, and curry and mix everything well.
- Cut at the bottom a very thin slice of the cherry tomato, so it won't fall.
- Slice the top off and hollow out with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Then fill with egg salad and put on the serving dish.
- Repeat until all cherry tomatoes (or egg salad) is done.