Savory, creamy and easy to make. Tomatoes stuffed with homemade egg salad. A delicious and low budget appetizer.
In winter I like to make a warm snack like with goat cheese , apricot and bacon , but in sprin I like to keep my appetizers a bit lighter. And because the chickens are already laying delicious eggs, I find that a great starting point. For this dish, I used delicious savory cherry tomatoes (buy the best you can get your hands on) combined with a slightly sweet egg salad. The perfect combination Do make enough because you can ate a lot of this appetizer!
It's a good taste!
Appetizer, tomatoes stuffed with
Did you make this with egg salad stuffed tomatoes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
with egg salad stuffed tomatoes
- 2 eggs hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ shallot
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- chives garnish
- Chop the chives into thin strips.
- Peel the eggs and mash them with a fork.
- Cut the shallot finely and add to the eggs.
- Spoon the mayonnaise, ketchup and curry and mix everything well.
- Cut at the bottom a very thin slice of the cherry tomato, so it won't fall.
- Slice the top off and hollow out with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Then fill with egg salad and put on the serving dish.
- Repeat until all cherry tomatoes (or egg salad) is done.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.