These spinach egg wraps are the perfect snack for a cozy evening. The spinach is deliciously flavored with garlic, raisins, and pine nuts. And together with the sour cream, a delicious filling. The thin omelet keeps everything together, making this a perfect vegetarian finger food snack.
Spinach Egg Wraps
These omelet wraps filled with spinach and sour cream are easy, quick to make, and have a delicious creamy taste. And besides being an easy snack, it is also a very budget-friendly snack.
But because of the luxurious cream and a spoonful of pine nuts, you don't notice that. A great snack to serve as a snack at Christmas, a party, or New Year's Eve. Enjoy it!
What do you need for Egg and Spinach Wraps?
To prepare these spinach egg wraps, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Spinach - You can use fresh or frozen spinach in this recipe. Use your fresh fry in a wok or frying pan with water attached to it, so it shrinks. Drain well before using in the filling.
- Raisins - Soaking the raisins in water makes them juicier and tastier. Also delicious with strong currants.
- Sour Cream - This gives a creamy touch to this snack. Because it is thicker, it does not run out of the wraps.
- Pine Nuts - Briefly roasted, they get a delicious nutty flavor.
- Eggs - For making the omelet.
- Garlic - For extra flavor to the filling.
How to prepare spinach filled Egg Wraps
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the garlic for thirty seconds. Then add the spinach, toasted pine nuts, and raisins. Heat through and turn off the fire.
- Beat the eggs and fry two thin omelets in a frying pan. Place a stripe of spinach filling in the center of each omelet.
- Next to it, spoon a thin line with sour cream.
- Roll the omelet and wrap it in plastic wrap. Repeat for the other omelet. Let both set in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Before serving, cut the omelet into thin strips. Serve with a skewer.
Variations and Tips
- So delicious! Divide pieces of smoked salmon or ham between the cream cheese and spinach filling.
- Instead of cream cheese, you can also replace 2 oz (50 grams) of cream cheese with feta. Mix this well. That way, you get a little more spice.
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator 30 minutes before use to make it easier to distribute.
- Pre-roasting the pine nuts gives them a nutty and crunchy taste.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Spinach Egg Wraps
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 eggs size L
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup sour cream
- Soak the raisins for 10 minutes in hot water. Drain.3 tablespoons raisins
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet until they smell nutty.2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Beat the eggs and fry two thin omelets.2 eggs
- Let the omelets cool.
- Pour the oil into the pan and add the garlic.1 tablespoon sunflower oil, 1 clove garlic
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the spinach, pine nuts, and raisins.½ pound spinach
- Heat everything well and turn off the stove.
- Arrange half the spinach in the middle of the omelet.
- Pipe a nice line of sour cream next to the spinach.½ cup sour cream
- Roll the omelet and wrap it in plastic.
- Repeat for the other omelet.
- Allow at least 30 minutes to stiffen in the fridge.
- Just before serving, you cut the omelet wraps into narrow strips.
- Place pieces of smoked salmon or ham between the cream cheese and spinach filling.
- Instead of cream cheese, you can also replace 50 grams of cream cheese with feta. Mix this well. That way, you get a little more punch.
- Refrigerator - Store these spinach snacks in the wrapper in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer - It is not recommended to freeze these snacks. The structure then changes too much, and that is not good.