Dim sum, small spicy and fried wonton snacks with a delicious beef filling. By the flavors added it got a lot of taste. A bit sesame, the five spices and ginger, you can taste everything in one bite
Wontons are delicious when steamed, but also great when fried for their crispiness. And very easy to prepare, with easily to buy ingredients. Look for yourself!
- You can also steam the wontons. Put a steamer on top of boiling water and steam the wontons until done in about 10 minutes.
- You can substitute the ground beef with ground chicken.
- If you want a vegan (and therefor vegetarian) wonton, replace the beef with shiitakes. They’ve got a lot of flavor.
- Wontons are delicious just eaten plain, but also very tasty with a sweet chili sauce or salty soy sauce with roasted sesame seeds.
- Wontons are delicious at an oriental buffet
- You can’t store fried wontons, eat them the same day.
Other delicious appetizer
It’s a good taste!
Recipe fried wontons with beef
Fried wontons with beef filling
- Deep Fryer or Frying pan with sunflower oil
- 50 pieces pangsit sheets thawed
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cm ginger fresh
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spices powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- pinch salt
- Slice the spring onion finely.
- Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Add to a bowl the ground beef, spring onion, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sherry, Chinese 5 spices powder and salt.
- Press the garlic above the bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Take the package of pangsit sheets and fold them in a wet towel (so they won't dry out).
- Put a bowl of water aside your work place.
- Put a pangsit sheet in front of you and take about 2 teaspoons of ground beef and roll a ball of the meat.
- Put that in the middle of the sheet.
- Wet your fingers and fold the sheet to the inside. Pinch with your wet fingers and make sure it's closed.
- Repeat this until al the sheets or meat is gone.
- Preheat the fryer to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take about 8 wontons each time and fry them for about 2 minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- Deep fryer