Crispy, full of flavor and you'll enjoy it on a sunny sunday afternoon: pull apart bread with garlic butter and cheese. Just bake it in the oven and it's ready. So simple try it yourself!
Pull apart bread or appetizer bread is a very popular appetizer nowadays. It's so popular that I've seen it in the supermarket already made in different variants over the holidays. That's very easy if you have been in the kitchen for a few days to prepare everything and you want to make a quick snack. But really you make it simple and fast yourself in just a few minutes.
And, of course, that way you can also vary a lot. Old cheese, new cheese, brie or a delicious cheese with fenugreek (my favorite) And also the flavored butter is variable, choose a delicious garlic butter or, if you have to leave the door after eating this, without garlic but with herbs. You can also choose a pesto or a delicious spice / garlic oil as a spread. Grab a rustic brown bread or a white bread or as I have done a bread with seeds. In short, you can vary over and over and no two pull apart breads need to be the same. You bake the bread in the oven until the cheese is melted and you'll see a deliciously melted cheese when you pull a piece (like in the picture). Then take it quickly to the table and just enjoy.
- When you buy a bread and store it in the freezer you always have a pull apart bread to make on your hand (if you have any unexpected visitors).
- I usually make garlic butter according to this recipe, it's so simple that I never actually buy it.
- Use thick slices cheese slices for even more taste. There are different cheeses with different thicknesses, so you can decide how much taste you add. By varying in cheeses you will also get very tasty pull apart breads.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pull apart bread with garlic butter and
Pull apart bread with garlic butter and cheese
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 1 whole bread white, brown or with seeds choose your own
- 50 grams garlic butter room temperature, unsalted
- 100 grams Gouda cheese
- parsley optional: finely chopped as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place a baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Lay the bread down and cut it 4x in the long side and 6x in the short side. Do not cut all the way because the bottom of the bread must still be stuck (about 3/4 cut). Afterwards you see nice bread cubes.
- Spread the garlic butter in the intersections between the cubes. Because the garlic butter is at room temperature, this should be simple.
- Slice the cheese and push it between the bread cubes.
- Put the bread on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
- Optional: sprinkle the pull apart bread with chopped parsley