Homemade mayonnaise is not a difficult recipe and you don't need many kitchen utensils to prepare. A bowl, a whisk and the ingredients. That's really all to make this creamy delicious sauce.
Making your own mayonnaise is not difficult at all and you don't need many tools for preparing it. A bowl, a whisk and the ingredients. That's really all. And a little patience. The supermarket mayonnaise often contains sugar. A mayonnaise doesn't need that.
In any case, make sure you use eggs as fresh as possible. Due to the use of fresh eggs, this dish is not suitable for the elderly, sick and children under 4 years old.
Recipe homemade mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 250 - 500 ml sunflower or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Mix the yolk with the salt, pinch of pepper and the mustard.
- Add the oil to the egg yolk while you continue to beat, first drop by drop and then a little more, until the mayonnaise becomes thicker and reaches the desired thickness. You need at least 250 ml for that, but probably a little more.
- Finally, stir in the lemon juice.
- Store in the refrigerator until use.