Homemade mayonnaise is not a difficult recipe and you don't need many kitchen utensils to prepare. A bowl, a whisk and the ingredients. That's really all to make this creamy delicious sauce.
Making your own mayonnaise is not difficult at all and you don't need many tools for preparing it. A bowl, a whisk and the ingredients. That's really all. And a little patience. The supermarket mayonnaise often contains sugar. A mayonnaise doesn't need that.
In any case, make sure you use eggs as fresh as possible. Due to the use of fresh eggs, this dish is not suitable for the elderly, sick and children under 4 years old.
Recipe homemade mayonnaise
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 250 - 500 ml sunflower or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Mix the yolk with the salt, pinch of pepper and the mustard.
- Add the oil to the egg yolk while you continue to beat, first drop by drop and then a little more, until the mayonnaise becomes thicker and reaches the desired thickness. You need at least 250 ml for that, but probably a little more.
- Finally, stir in the lemon juice.
- Store in the refrigerator until use.