Tortilla pinwheels are an addition to any party and these Chicken tortilla roll-ups with cream cheese is quick, easy, and delicious! The creamy cheese combined with the salty chicken breast, fresh iceberg lettuce, and a pinch of chives ensures that each roll gives a taste explosion in your mouth. One of the finger foods that always go up quickly at any party!
Chicken Tortilla RollUps
When I'm throwing a party, I enjoy serving a snack. Slightly different from the usual chips and salty sticks. And one of my favorite snacks to go back to are cold chicken wrap rolls. I've made them in many variations, but the combination with Witch cheese and iceberg lettuce is my favorite. A good reason to share the recipe.
What do you need for chicken pinwheels with cream cheese
For the preparation of cold chicken roll-ups with cream cheese you need the following ingredients (you can find the correct amounts at the bottom of the blog in the recipe card):
Which Tortilla's to use?
Can't see through all the different tortilla wraps? Now the answer is short and sweet, use the tortillas you like the most. I opted for a natural tortilla. Whole wheat or multigrain wrap would add a slightly nutty flavor to the roll-up which is a delicious combination with the chicken.
If you go for a vegetable tortilla, I would recommend the spinach tortilla. This has a neutral taste and the extra flavor is not immediately necessary because of the herbs in the cream cheese and salty chicken breast.
What kind of chicken breast?
Use chicken breast from the deli department. Not the thin one, because a thicker slice is better for a wrap because it gives off just a little more flavor. The chicken breast from the deli department is first pressed, then brined (which gives the salty taste), boiled, and finally grilled. That gives that delicious taste to every slice!
You can also replace the chicken breast with smoked chicken. Cut that into thin strips and divide over the wraps.
Herb Cream Cheese
Use a cream cheese with additional herbs, like chives (my favorite), parsley, and/or garlic. Really delicious and gives some extra flavor to these roll-ups.
How do you make quick and tasty roll ups with chicken
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
Heat the tortilla briefly in a skillet and cover with cream cheese. Spread three slices of chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Divide some iceberg lettuce over the tortilla and roll it up tightly, so that you get a wrap with a diameter of about 1 inch (2 cm). Wrap the chicken tortilla roll in plastic foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to taste. Cut into ½ inch (1 cm) thick slices and serve with skewers.
- Warming the tortilla - By briefly heating the tortilla in a dry skillet, you can roll the tortilla better without tearing apart. They don't have to be hot, a little warm (5 to 10 seconds on medium heat) is enough.
- Roll into plastic foil - Rolling the wraps in plastic and refrigerating for an hour will allow the flavors to blend well and keep the wrap in shape.
- Cut or eat for lunch - You can serve this wrap as a snack, but it is also delicious to eat for lunch (yes, a very versatile recipe)!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Chicken tortilla roll ups
- 2 tortillas
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese with herbs chives, parsley, garlic etc.
- 6 slices deli chicken breast or small strips smoked chicken
- 3 stalks chives sliced finely
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce sliced coarse
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the tortilla wraps in a dry skillet over medium heat for 5 to 10 seconds.2 tortillas
- Smear the cream cheese on one side of the tortilla.3 tablespoons cream cheese with herbs
- Spread three slices of chicken breast on each tortilla.6 slices deli chicken breast
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and iceberg lettuce.3 stalks chives, 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- Roll up the tortillas so that they have a diameter of about 1 inch (2 cm_. Wrap in plastic foil. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and eat immediately or cut into slices of about ½ inch (1 cm) (and serve as an appetizer).
- Refrigerator - You can keep the cold chicken roll-ups in the refrigerator for 2 days (which means you can make them a day in advance). Store them in the plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
- Freezer - Remove the iceberg lettuce (or don't add it yet). Iceberg lettuce cannot be frozen! Cut the tortillas into small strips and spread them out on a baking tray. Put it in the freezer for 2 hours and then collect the wraps and put them in a freezer container or bag. This way they stay good for up to 1 month. Let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add the iceberg lettuce just before serving.