Today I made this recipe for an egg salad. Nice to smear on a sandwich or toast, as an appetizer or at lunch time. Off course made from scratch.
Why did I get the idea of preparing an egg salad? Every morning and every evening I'm going to the chicken coop. My ladies come running and chattering to me. I imagine that they do that because they love to see me, but I know better: the bowl in my hands is a lot more interesting. Every time they are very curious. And the funny thing is that chicken (at least my girls) have there preferences. They love cooked peas and carrots. Harder veggies like leek or uncooked carrots are not there favorites. And you can make them very happy with apples and pears (especially the soft ones).
After the feeders are filled, I walk to the night pen and there are my gems, the eggs waiting on me. The chicks do their best on them. And to honor their hard work, I made a egg salad today. Nice on bread or toast as an appetizer or at lunch time.
- If you make the egg salad an hour before you are going to eat and store it in the refrigerator, the flavor is even better;
- You can use 3 twigs of chives instead of the shallot and parsley.
It's a good taste!
Recipe egg salad
Did you make this egg salad? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ginger syrup
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ shallot
- 5 twigs parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs until they are hard.
- Cool down in cold water until they are at room temperature.
- Peel the eggs and mash the eggs with a fork. Slice the shallot and chop the parsley very fine.
- Whisk the yogurt, sour cream, turmeric, curry and ginger syrup and mix with the mashed eggs, parsley and shallots.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.