This is not another quick dinner recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes. Instead, Garlic butter steak bites with baby potatoes are a match made in heaven. The Garlic butter flavors and adds juiciness to the steaks and baby potatoes. And that makes this not just a regular family meal, but one with a ‘wow’ factor. And because this is a one-pot meal, the dishes are done in a wink!
Garlic Butter Steak with Baby Potatoes
As much as we like to cook (or not) for our families, you can get in a hurry around dinner time. And there’s not a lot of time to prepare a delicious meal for your family. But this recipe will make you very happy. It’s done in less than 20 minutes, and the flavors are SO good. The melted garlic herb butter sears the steak and gives everything a flavorful glaze.
The garlic butter sauce is straightforward to make; you’ll only need some fresh herbs, butter, and oil. But this mix will give the crisp-golden potatoes such a flavor. And by quick searing, the beef remains juicy and tender. This certainly is a one-pan wonder!
Try this steak and potato dinner today. You’ll be going to love it!
What do you need for Garlic Herb Steak Bites with Baby Potatoes?
To prepare these Garlic Butter Steak with Baby Potatoes, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Steak Bites - Use Round steak or regular steak for this recipe. Cut them into 1 x 1-inch cubes. You could substitute it with ribeye or tenderloin (but the last one is a bit pricy). If you don’t want to use beef, or you don’t have it, try chicken instead. Delicious!
- Olive oil and butter - a mixture of oil and butter is used for frying the baby potatoes and steaks. Use unsalted butter (when using salted butter, don’t add extra salt to this recipe), which gives a rich flavor to this dinner recipe.
- Garlic - flavors the oil and butter
- Thyme, Rosemary, and Oregano - These fresh herbs flavor the potatoes and steak. They’ll give a subtle yet delicious taste to this dinner.
- Baby Yellow Potatoes - Fresh new potatoes fried in butter and oil. They’ll become crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. This recipe is even easier if you can get your hands on precooked baby potatoes. If you can’t get baby potatoes, use potato slices, wedges, or cubes. Make sure to cut the potatoes small and even. This way, they will cook up quickly and are done at the same time.
How to prepare Herb and Garlic Butter Steak with New Potatoes
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- If you don’t have precooked baby potatoes, make sure to cook them for 10 minutes in boiling salted water before frying them. This way, they’ll be done in a fraction of the time.
- Put olive oil and butter in a casserole pan or large skillet. Add potatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano—stir-fry on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Take out of the pan.
- Add the Steak Bites and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes until brown on all sides.
- Add the potatoes, give it a good stir, so everything is glazed, and serve.
Garnish with some fresh herbs.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Garlic Butter Steak with Baby Potatoes
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra vierge
- 5 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic squeezed
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves only, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon rosemary needles only, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves only, chopped finely
- 2 ½ pounds baby yellow potatoes precooked *
- 1 ½ pound steak round steak or regular, cut in 1 x 1-inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Add oil and butter to a pan and let the butter melt on medium-high heat.1 tablespoon olive oil, 5 tablespoons butter
- Put the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano into the pan and stir-fry for 30 seconds.3 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Add the baby potatoes. Half them when they’re large. Give it a good stir, so all potatoes are coated with the butter mixture.2 ½ pounds baby yellow potatoes
- Let it fry for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir now and then.
- Take the potatoes with a slotted spoon out of the pan.
- Turn the heat to high and add the steak bites. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes until brown. Ensure the internal temperature is at least 145 °F (63 °C), so it’s safe to eat. Use a meat thermometer to test it.1 ½ pound steak, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Put the potatoes back into the skillet, warm while stirring, and serve.
- Refrigerator - Store potatoes and steak bites in separate airtight containers for up to two days.
- Freezer - Put the steak and potatoes in separate freezer bags or boxes and store them for up to one month. The structure of the potato will change a bit when they’re frozen—Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheat - Put the potatoes and steak bites in a skillet and cover that with a lid. Cook on medium-high heat until warm, about 4-5 minutes. You could also reheat it in the microwave. Turn it on in 15-20 seconds intervals until the garlic butter steak and potatoes are warm.