Making mushroom sauce with cooking cream is not only super tasty but also very easy. The sauce is ready in 20 minutes! Delicious with pork tenderloin, steak, omelet, pasta, or baked potatoes! What's not good about this?
Mushroom Sauce with Cream and White Wine
How do you make a simple piece of meat, an omelet, or a plate of pasta even tastier? Serve with a delicious sauce!
And so I have a few basic sauces that I can always make. An old-fashioned butter sauce for fish and asparagus, red wine sauce, or Cumberland sauce.
And this mushroom cream sauce is a sauce that always works. Combine mushrooms with pasta, egg, and meat and everything tastes better. So if you only want to remember one sauce or write it down in your recipe folder, this is the all-rounder!
What do you need to prepare homemade mushroom cream sauce?
For the preparation of Mushroom Sauce with Cream you need the following ingredients (you can find the amounts at the bottom of the blog in the recipe card):
How do you clean mushrooms?
Cut a slice off the underside of the stem with a sharp knife. Then use a brush or dry paper to clean the top. Do not use water. Mushrooms absorb the water and therefore have less flavor.
What wine do you use?
Use a dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. The alcohol evaporates by cooking the sauce. If you prefer not to use wine, replace it with 1 cup (250 ml) stock.
Cream or light cream?
In this recipe, you can use both. Light cream (20 % fat) is the light version of heavy cream (at least 36 % fat), with the same result when preparing this sauce. You use it to give the mushroom sauce a creamy taste.
Which stock do you recommend?
In this recipe, use ½ cube of vegetable stock (which you use to prepare 2 cups (½ liter) of stock. If you have a cube for 4 cups of stock (1 liter), use ¼ part of the cube. You can also use chicken stock cubes.
How to make a creamy mushroom sauce?
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
An easy recipe for making mushroom sauce with cream. Start by sautéing the onion in butter. Add the mushrooms and fry them until light brown. Then mix the garlic and flour with the mushrooms, add the wine and crumble the stock cube. Mix everything well and let it come to a boil.
Now turn the heat down and add the cream. Simmer for a while (it will thicken slightly) and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and serve!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Mushroom Sauce with Cream and White Wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion sliced finely
- 4 cups mushrooms cut into ¼ inch (½ cm) thick slices (400 gram)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup white wine dry
- ½ cube vegetable stock for 2 cups (500 ml stock of ¼ cube for 4 cups of stock (1 liter)
- ⅔ cup cream
- Salt and pepper at taste
- ½ oz. parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat.1 tablespoon butter
- Sauté the onion for 3 minutes until translucent.1 onion
- Fry the mushrooms over high heat for 8 minutes until golden brown. Turn regularly.4 cups mushrooms
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and add the garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes.1 tablespoon flour, 2 cloves garlic
- Pour the wine into the frying pan and crumble the cube over the sauce. Turn the heat to high and let it come to a boil. Let it cook for 4 minutes.1 cup white wine, ½ cube vegetable stock
- Now turn the heat to medium-high and add the cream. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes. The sauce will now thicken nicely.⅔ cup cream
- Taste to see if it needs salt and pepper and add to taste.Salt and pepper
- Stir in lemon juice and transfer to your serving bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve right away!½ oz. parsley, 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Refrigerator - Do you want to prepare this sauce in advance or do you have leftovers? Place a plastic wrap on top of the sauce and let it cool quickly to room temperature. Then transfer it to an airtight container. You can keep the sauce in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer - Place a plastic foil on the sauce (to prevent forming a skin) and let it cool to room temperature. Place in a freezer box or bag and freeze. This keeps up for 1 month. Let the sauce thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheat - Warm in a small saucepan over medium heat while continuing to stir.