Viva Espana! This recipe for a fluffy omelet, delicious stuffed with tuna, tomatoes, capers and thyme.
In Spain you can eat very well. The land of Tapas, delicious paellas and many seafood dishes. A country where my food heart beats full speed.
And when we go on holiday to Spain, I always eat, try out new things and golden oldies I just love great food at a cozy restaurant at the beach. We have found one where only the "locals" come, with Spanish music, a wide view and not to many people (on weekdays, because on Saturday and Sunday it is packed with Spaniards) beach bar where they serve great food and sangria.
On weekdays we enjoy our rest and in the weekends we enjoy watching the Spaniards dragging a lot of stuff to the beach along from home. Complete tables, chairs and lots of food. Buzzing activities and nice smells.
This lunch dish I made today, fits perfectly on that beach. Tasteful, with fish and simple yet full of flavor. I'm getting completely relaxed.
- you want even more flavor: fry the eggs in oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar
- To get a smooth, silky omelet, let the egg solidify lightly on the top, but not thoroughly.
- This omelet is delicious with an arugula salad
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 eggs size L
- 75 grams tuna drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the tomatoes, capers, thyme and tuna.
- Slice the tuna small if necessary.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan on high fire.
- Add the omelette mixture. With a wooden spoon bring a bit of egg to the middle until it's just solidified, but not dry.
- Fold the top ⅓ inwards.
- Also fold the bottom to the middle and slide on a plate.
- Serve with a delicious salad