Creamy intense chocolate flavor, topped with heavenly white chocolate cream and crunchy pistachios. This recipe you should really try yourself.
Of course, this is not one of the most low-calorie recipes. On the contrary. But it is one of the tastiest recipes. These cupcakes are a real treat for yourself (and your friends and family).
The cupcake is chocolate flavored, airy and intense. Then there is a chocolate ganache made from dark chocolate. Which you sprinkle with pistachios. The lightly salted variant, because a touch of salt and chocolate go so beautifully together. Then you add a topping of delicious creamy white chocolate butter cream. A beautiful contrast with the dark chocolate. When you take a bite and taste all these flavors at once, you end up almost in chocolate heaven.
What you should pay attention, especially in the winter is that you use the butter cream made from cows who are fed with grass. Butter from cows that have been fed with hay tends to stay a bit hard at room temperature, so you get lumps in your butter cream. Really a no-go, so petty of all the effort you have made. And of course I have some extra tips for you.
- Make sure all the ingredients for the cupcakes are at room temperature. Therefore, the cupcake become nice airy.
- If you have an oven with top and bottom heat then use it when baking cakes. The cake will bake pretty evenly heated and does not burst.
- Use good chocolate for the ganache. Otherwise you get too much oil in the topping, which is not pretty. Also make sure that the chocolate pieces where you add the cream to, are sliced small, otherwise you will not get good smooth ganache.
- The bowl in which you whisk the egg whites (which you hang above the water) must be free of grease. So before use clean it with hot water and detergent.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Three chocolate
Did you make this three chocolate cupcakes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Three chocolate cupcakes
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 100 grams flour
- 75 grams cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 180 grams butter room temperature, unsalted
- 150 grams sugar
- 3 eggs size L
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 ml sour cream
- 125 gram chocolate dark more than 70% cocoa, chopped
- 125 ml cream
- 3 tablespoons pistachios shelled, salted, chopped
- 2 egg whites size L, room temperature
- 70 grams sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 175 grams butter unsalted
- 70 grams white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (convection oven) or 200 degrees Celsius (top and bottom heat).
- Butter the cups of a muffin tin and line with paper cupcake tins.
- Grab a bowl and sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt) into the bowl.
- In a second bowl you put the butter and sugar and whisk for about 3 minutes, until the butter mixture is fluffy and pale yellow.
- Add while you keep mixing on high speed, the eggs one by one and the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 of the sour cream, 1/3 of the flour mixture, remainder sour cream, and the rest of the flour.
- Stop immediately when all is mixed well.
- Divide the batter over the cupcake tins.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake the cupcakes in 25 minutes.
- Remove from the baking tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat the cream until it is hot and just not to the boil (you can see already vapor arise).
- Pour the cream into the bowl with chocolate and stir until the ganache is smooth.
- Brush the top of the cupcake with the ganache.
- Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.
- Put in a clean bowl the egg whites, salt and sugar.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and hang the dish with egg whites above. Start beating.
- Beat until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove the bowl immediately from the heat and take the mixer.
- Mix 10 minutes on high speed until glossy peaks occur. The mixture is still lukewarm.
- Mix the butter in and beat until smooth.
- Bring a second saucepan of water to a boil and hang a bowl containing the white chocolate above.
- Melt the chocolate, remove the bowl from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spoon the melted chocolate to the egg white mixture (called Italian meringue) and mix until well blended.
- Put the white chocolate cream into a piping bag and pipe a nice tuft on top of the ganache.