Chicken meatloaf oven baked, is the skinny version of the meatloaf I used to bake. Nevertheless with the same great flavor. Try it out! With feta cheese, chicken breast, celery and herbs.
"Normal" meatloaf, I've got just a delicious recipe on my site if you want that. It's with minced beef and got quite a flavor. But did you know, you can make a chicken meatloaf which is just great as well. Maybe, because it's a lighter version, it's even more suitable in spring and summer. That's the time for me to eat some lighter food (and in January of course because I've to follow my New Year's resolutions). And with this chicken meatloaf I've added some herbs like oregano and feta cheese to give it a Greek touch.
It's a good taste!
Chicken meatloaf oven
Chicken meatloaf oven baked
- 800 grams chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 shallot sliced finely
- 2 stalks celery in small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic sliced fine
- 1 egg size L
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoons oregano dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices bacon
- Line a baking plate with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the chicken breast in very small cubes and put them in the bowl of your kitchen machine (with knife)
- Chop the chicken breast until it's very fine, like minced meat.
- Put it in a bowl and store in the refrigerator until later use.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add the onion and celery.
- Bake for 3 minutes until the onion is translucent and add the garlic.
- Stir-fry everything for about 1 minute and add the onion mixture with the minced chicken.
- Add the egg, breadcrumbs, feta cheese, oregano, salt and pepper with the meat.
- Knead everything until it's well mixed with your hands (knead just enough, not to much because the structure wil become denser when you knead to much).
- Take the meat out of the bowl and put it on the baking paper and form a loaf.
- Cover the meat loaf with the slices bacon. This way it stays moist and gets even more flavor.
- Put the sheet in the oven en bake for 50 to 55 minutes until the meat is done.
- Cover the meat with aluminium foil and let it stand for about 10 minutes (so the juices will flow right through the meat).
- Slice the meat and serve
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.