Thirst-quenching, neutralizing, refreshing. This spoom recipe for a Christmas scroppino contains all that. Homemade lime sorbet flavored with vodka, prosecco and lime grind. Delicious!
For me a spoom is part of a Christmas dinner. Just relax, give the food a break, before turning on to the main course. It is therefor important that the spoom neutralizes, is refreshing and most preferably is thirst-quenching.
A scroppino is just that. Usually the scroppino is made with lemon ice cream, but it seemed great to choose for a lime sorbet ice, because it has just that tangy that blends nicely with the prosecco and vodka.
A delicious in between when having a nice Christmas dinner.
- you scroppino is most delicious when kept as refreshing as possible, you make sure the glasses, vodka and prosecco are in refrigerator before use.
- you make it from scratch so it's suitable for lactose and a gluten free diet.
- the kids join dinners, so take a fruity "child wine" that you serve with lime ice cream. That way they can join in for this festive drink
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- Freezer box
Lime sorbet ice
- 750 mL water
- 300 grams sugar
- limes zest
Lime sorbet ice
- Heat the water and dissolve the sugar in it.
- Allow the water to cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the lime juice.
- Pour into a freezer box and chill for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Mix everything well with a fork and put it back in the freezer again.
- Repeat this process two more times, so that fine ice crystals are formed.
- Spoon a scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vodka in there and fill with the prosecco.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and serve immediately.