Thirst-quenching, neutralizing, refreshing. This spoom recipe for a Christmas scroppino contains all that. Homemade lime sorbet flavored with vodka, prosecco and lime grind. Delicious!
For me a spoom is part of a Christmas dinner. Just relax, give the food a break, before turning on to the main course. It is therefor important that the spoom neutralizes, is refreshing and most preferably is thirst-quenching.
A scroppino is just that. Usually the scroppino is made with lemon ice cream, but it seemed great to choose for a lime sorbet ice, because it has just that tangy that blends nicely with the prosecco and vodka.
A delicious in between when having a nice Christmas dinner.
- you scroppino is most delicious when kept as refreshing as possible, you make sure the glasses, vodka and prosecco are in refrigerator before use.
- you make it from scratch so it's suitable for lactose and a gluten free diet.
- the kids join dinners, so take a fruity "child wine" that you serve with lime ice cream. That way they can join in for this festive drink
It's a good taste!
Did you make this Christmas scroppino? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
This recipe is:
- freezer box
Lime sorbet ice
- 750 mL water
- 300 grams sugar
- 100 ml lime juice
- 4 scoops lime sorbet ice
- 60 ml vodka
- 1 bottle prosecco
- lime zest
Lime sorbet ice
- Heat the water and dissolve the sugar in it.
- Allow the water to cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the lime juice.
- Pour into a freezer box and chill for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Mix everything well with a fork and put it back in the freezer again.
- Repeat this process two more times, so that fine ice crystals are formed.
- Spoon a scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vodka in there and fill with the prosecco.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.