Thirst-quenching, neutralizing, refreshing. This spoom recipe for a Christmas scroppino contains all that. Homemade lime sorbet flavored with vodka, prosecco and lime grind. Delicious!
For me a spoom is part of a Christmas dinner. Just relax, give the food a break, before turning on to the main course. It is therefor important that the spoom neutralizes, is refreshing and most preferably is thirst-quenching.
A scroppino is just that. Usually the scroppino is made with lemon ice cream, but it seemed great to choose for a lime sorbet ice, because it has just that tangy that blends nicely with the prosecco and vodka.
A delicious in between when having a nice Christmas dinner.
- you scroppino is most delicious when kept as refreshing as possible, you make sure the glasses, vodka and prosecco are in refrigerator before use.
- you make it from scratch so it's suitable for lactose and a gluten free diet.
- the kids join dinners, so take a fruity "child wine" that you serve with lime ice cream. That way they can join in for this festive drink
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- freezer box
Lime sorbet ice
- 750 mL water
- 300 grams sugar
- 100 ml lime juice
- 4 scoops lime sorbet ice
- 60 ml vodka
- 750 ml prosecco
- lime zest
Lime sorbet ice
- Heat the water and dissolve the sugar in it.
- Allow the water to cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the lime juice.
- Pour into a freezer box and chill for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Mix everything well with a fork and put it back in the freezer again.
- Repeat this process two more times, so that fine ice crystals are formed.
- Spoon a scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vodka in there and fill with the prosecco.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and serve immediately.