Smooth, chocolate brownies. The queen of sweet delights.
In every household you need to have an ultimate homemade brownie recipe. And from there you can make all kinds of variations. This recipe is certainly a good base to start with. It gives a wonderful smooth brownie, with a full chocolate flavor that seems to melt on your tongue. And brownies are also extremely simple to make. I say go for it....
- you beat the egg mixture well, you get a lovely airy brownie.
- you don't want the chocolate to burn, you warm it au-bain-marie (a bowl hanging above hot water).
- you cool the brownie in the shape, the exterior is pretty hard, while the inside remains creamy.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this homemade brownies? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 160 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225 grams butter unsalted
- 100 grams chocolate at least 70% cocoa
- 70 grams chocolate dark
- 400 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs size L
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Break the chocolate into chunks.
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl and stir well with a fork.
- Put a pan of water on the stove (about a layer of 2 cm) and bring to a boil (au-bain-marie).
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt the chocolate with the butter au-bain-marie.
- When everything is melted, add 200 grams of sugar and the vanilla to the chocolate mixture and mix with the spatula for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the stove and put the bowl on the table.
- Add 100 grams of sugar and four eggs in a bowl and mix with the mixer for a few seconds until it is just combined.
- Add, little by little, about half of the egg mixture into the chocolate, while you quietly but continuously stir with the spatula.
- Mix the rest of the egg mixture for 3 minutes at high heat setting with the mixer.
- The egg mixture would have to be thick and the volume is doubled.
- Grab a spatula and fold the egg mixture carefully through the chocolate.
- When the egg mixture has set you gently fold the flour mixture into the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into a (not buttered) square dish of 20 cm.
- Bake for 25 minutes, the brownie is raised slightly and the top is darker in color.
- Check with a skewer or the brownie is cooked. The inside must still be moist, but no longer liquid. If the inside is still liquid put it back into the oven and bake for another few minutes.
- Leave to cool the brownies in the form, before you serve it.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.