How do you make fudgy brownies with a delicious intense chocolate taste in four easy steps? By mixing two types of chocolate in the batter. This recipe is easy and made in four simple steps. And when ready your family and guests will love it!
Every family should have a perfect basic brownie recipe. And from there you can make all kinds of variations. In any case, this recipe is a great basis to start with. It gives a delicious creamy brownie, with a full chocolate flavor that seems to melt on your tongue. And the recipe consists of just four easy steps. So these creamy brownies are also super easy to make. I say go for it….
Fudgy brownies made in just four easy steps! Who can't resist baking these delicious sweets?
Fudgy and chewy vs baking time
Everybody has their own taste and demands how the perfect brownie should be baked. You can choose really fudgy, where your chocolate drips out of the brownie, a brownie with a cake structure, and a brownie in between. I'll give you the baking times of the different variants:
- Very fudge and chewy brownies. Whereas the chocolate is still liquid in the center. Bake the brownies for 23 minutes in the oven. When you stick a toothpick in the middle of the brownie it's got a thick chocolate layer when it's pulled out.
- Sticky brownies. The chocolate in the middle is soft, the top of the brownie is crispy, but the brownie is still chewy. Bake your brownies for 25 minutes in the oven. And when you check with a toothpick, it's got a tin chocolate layer on the outside.
- Cake brownies. The chocolate isn't fluid anymore and the brownie's got a crispy outside and a cake inside. To accomplish this bake the brownies for 27 minutes in the middle of the oven. The toothpick will come out clean when pricked in the middle.
A full list of ingredients can be found at the end of this blog.
- Chocolate - In this recipe, you use two types of chocolate to get an extra intense chocolate flavor. Chocolate of more than 70% cocoa and chocolate with more than 50% cocoa. The cocoa also contributes to the intense chocolate taste of this brownie.
- Vanilla Extract - Gives a hint of vanilla to this brownie which makes it even more delicious. Don't have a vanilla extract at home? Then use 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
- Sugars - In this recipe, three different types of sugar are used, each with its own flavor. That's what makes these creamy brownies so delicious! White sugar, brown sugar (with an intensely deep flavor), and syrup (for a caramel flavor). You can vary this by using light brown sugar, Maple syrup, or honey.
A recipe that can be printed can be found at the bottom of this blog in the recipe card.
Step 1 - Melt the chocolate au bain-Marie
- Hang a heatproof bowl over boiling water (the bottom should not touch the water). Put the butter and the broken chocolate pieces in the bowl.
- When the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl and put it on your kitchen counter. add the vanilla extract.
- Now also add the syrup.
- Mix everything well. Let it stand at room temperature for a while.
Step 2 - Make the fudgy brownie batter
- Place both sugars and eggs in a bowl.
- Mix with a mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add half of this mixture to the melted chocolate.
- Mix this well with a spatula.
Step 3 - Mix the batter
- Beat the rest of the egg mixture for three minutes at high speed and add it to the chocolate.
- Add the flour and cocoa to the bowl.
- Also, add the baking powder.
- Mix everything together with a spatula.
Step 4 - Bake the fudgy brownie in the oven.
- Place baking paper at the bottom of the baking tin and pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake the brownie in a preheated oven at 355 °F (180 °C) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Then take it out of the tin and cut it into squares.
Whether you get cake-like or creamy (fudgy) brownies has to do with the ratio of fat to flour. The more flour, the more your brownie resembles a cake. The more fat (in the form of butter and chocolate in this recipe) the more creamy they become.
Yes. Brownies harden when they cool. If you cut them warm, it will become a mess and you will not get nice blocks of brownie.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Homemade chocolate brownies
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 3 oz. chocolate > 70 % cocoa
- 2 oz. chocolate > 50 % cocoa
- ½ stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup or golden syrup
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Break the chocolate into chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 355 °F (180 °C).
- Put a baking paper on the bottom of your baking tin.
- Pour some water (about 1 inch, 2.5 cm) into a pan and bring it to a boil. Hang a heat-proof bowl above the water. In the bowl, you will melt the chocolate and butter.
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients.
Fudgy Brownies batter
- Put the chocolate and butter in the heatproof bowl and melt the chocolate and butter.
- When everything is melted, add the vanilla and sugar syrup to the chocolate mixture and mix with the spatula for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and put the bowl on your countertop at room temperature.
- Add both sugars and the eggs to a bowl and mix with the mixer for a few seconds until it is just combined.
- Add, little by little, about half of the egg mixture into the bowl with melted chocolate, while you quietly but continuously stir with the spatula.
- Mix the rest of the egg mixture for 3 minutes on high speed with the mixer. The egg mixture will be thick and the volume is doubled.
- Grab a spatula and fold the egg mixture gently through the chocolate batter.
- When the egg mixture is mixed add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt into the bowl.
- Mix the batter with a spatula.
- Pour it into the baking tin.
Baking the brownies
- Bake for 25 minutes, the brownie will be raised slightly and the top is darker in color.
- Check with a skewer if the brownie is done. The skewer should have a smear of chocolate on the outside, but that shouldn't be a thick smear.
- Leave to cool the brownies in the form to room temperature, before you slice and serve it.
Room temperature - Store the brownies in an airtight box (or wrap them in plastic wrap). This way you can keep them at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freezer - If you want to keep them longer, freeze them! Wrap the brownies individually in plastic foil and then in a freezer box. This way you can keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months. 7 - Nutritional facts - You can make 16 square brownies with this batter. The nutritional values are shown per brownie.