Smooth, soft and creamy texture and full of fiber and protein. These surprising gluten-free brownies with black beans. With those delicious chocolate flavor that comes with a brownie!
This recipe comes from the Dutch cookbook Bonen! from Joke Boon and I've adapted it slightly. As I read through this book this recipe for brownies with black beans caught my eyes. And since I'm a chocolate lover par excellence, this seemed like an appropriate recipe to try.
Black beans in my brownie??
At the time I had to pulp the black beans and had to mingle with the delicious chocolate, my confidence in a well ending dropped to almost zero. What a surprise the brownies turned out to be. Creamy, delicious with great chocolate flavor. Very good. Do you taste the beans, you might ask? Yes, I've let it taste by a lot of friends, who were unknown test objects. Everyone sensed something, but the taste was delicious and they were very surprised when told. And it is a gluten-free version, so that's a great plus. Conclusion: This recipe I will make more often!
Brownies with black beans
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 125 grams butter unsalted
- 75 grams chocolate extra dark, broken into pieces at least 85% cocoa (look well at the ingredient list. Most of the times it's gluten-free, but make sure to check it)
- 75 grams pecans
- 400 grams black beans
- 3 eggs size L
- 25 gram ginger in syrup
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place a baking paper on the bottom of the brownie form.
- Put a pan of water on the fire and place a bowl over there. Melt the chocolate with the butter in the bowl, the au-bain-marie way.
- Chop the pecans and finely shred the ginger.
- Drain the beans in a sieve and rinse under cold running water.
- Puree them in a blender. Do this at least 3 minutes, otherwise you get a mealy beans taste.
- Mix all ingredients together, so you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour in the brownie shape and bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool to room temperature and cut into cubes