Smooth, soft and creamy texture and full of fiber and protein. These surprising gluten-free brownies with black beans. With those delicious chocolate flavor that comes with a brownie!
This recipe comes from the Dutch cookbook Bonen! from Joke Boon and I've adapted it slightly. As I read through this book this recipe for brownies with black beans caught my eyes. And since I'm a chocolate lover par excellence, this seemed like an appropriate recipe to try.
Black beans in my brownie??
At the time I had to pulp the black beans and had to mingle with the delicious chocolate, my confidence in a well ending dropped to almost zero. What a surprise the brownies turned out to be. Creamy, delicious with great chocolate flavor. Very good. Do you taste the beans, you might ask? Yes, I've let it taste by a lot of friends, who were unknown test objects. Everyone sensed something, but the taste was delicious and they were very surprised when told. And it is a gluten-free version, so that's a great plus. Conclusion: This recipe I will make more often!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Brownies with black beans
- 125 grams butter unsalted
- 75 grams Milk Chocolate extra dark, broken into pieces at least 85% cocoa (look well at the ingredient list. Most of the times it's gluten-free, but make sure to check it)
- 75 grams pecans
- 400 grams black beans
- 3 eggs size L
- 25 gram fresh ginger in syrup
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 grams Dutch unprocessed cocoa
- pinch salt
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place a baking paper on the bottom of the brownie form.
- Put a pan of water on the fire and place a bowl over there. Melt the chocolate with the butter in the bowl, the au-bain-marie way.
- Chop the pecans and finely shred the ginger.
- Drain the beans in a sieve and rinse under cold running water.
- Puree them in a blender. Do this at least 3 minutes, otherwise you get a mealy beans taste.
- Mix all ingredients together, so you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour in the brownie shape and bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool to room temperature and cut into cubes