The Spanish sun, the salty sea, nice on a terrace with a glass of white wine. You order Paella and continue to enjoy your well-deserved holiday. (wakes up from my daydream)
Let's start with the paella. Imma from the blog La Galletika challenged us this month to make a delicious paella. And because we also went on holiday in Spain this year, the most beautiful and tastiest paella memories come to mind. A good paella recipe is never gone!
So I started with the wok, because a paella pan is not one of my regular cooking equipment, and the result was very tasty. Definitely recommended if you're homesick for your holiday!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Paella with Chorizo and chicken
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup onions chopped
- 3 Tablespoons garlic squeezed
- ½ lb chorizo without skin, cubed
- 1 Pound Chicken breasts diced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 3 Cups basmati rice uncooked
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 2 ¾ Cups water
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2-3 saffron threads
- 1 lb prawns cleaned & deveined
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ½ Cup peas
- ½ Cup green beans stringed
- 3 Sprigs parsley
- 2 lemons wedges
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- In a paella pan or wok pour in the oil, add onions, garlic, sausage and chicken. Saute until the Chicken is done.
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Add in rice, fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat on high, pour in broth, water, lemon juice and salt.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil. Put yhe saffron in a tablespoon water and stir in saffron. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer.
- In the meantime season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- In a separate skillet, fry shrimp in a tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes, per side until they’re pink. Take out and keep aside.
- Take off heat.
- Once rice mixture has absorbed all liquid, add the peas and green beans stir once more. Top with shrimps.
- Increase heat to high and cover paella for 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn, but to brown the bottom for a golden crust.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley and lemon wedges.