These rosemary pumpkin dinner rolls got a delicate flavor. They taste terrific with a pumpkin soup or as a side with the main dish. Great for Thanksgiving dinner.
I love dinner rolls and most of the times eat just to much of them. But when smeared with butter, they are irresistible for me. These homemade rosemary pumpkin dinner rolls, got such a great flavor, I don't even think they are going to make it to the Thanksgiving table :-). The pumpkin gives a delicate sweet flavor to the buns which combines greatly with the rosemary.
- you want to give the dough a great start, use tepid water (not hot) with the yeast mixture.
- you want a good rise, first put a slightly wet towel on top and then cover that with plastic foil.
- you smear the rolls with butter, they will stay soft on the outside.
It's a good taste!
Recipe rosemary pumpkin dinner
Did you make this rosemary pumpkin dinner rolls? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Rosemary pumpkin dinner rolls
- 400 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast dry
- 60 gram water tepid
- 200 grams milk 37 degrees Celsius
- 1 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 50 gram pumpkin grated
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter to brush
- Put the flour, yeast, water, milk and butter to a bowl and start kneading.
- After about 5 minutes add the salt and knead further.
- When the dough changes to a soft and elastic feeling (after about 15 minutes of total knead time), add the pumpkin and rosemary and knead until it's spread in the dough.
- Brush a bowl with some oil and put in the dough.
- Cover with a damp towel and then some plastic foil.
- Let it rise for about 1 hour until it's doubled in size.
- Cover a baking plate with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 12 small balls.
- Form a bun of each ball and place it on the baking paper.
- Give it a second rise under a damp towel and plastic foil of about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the buns for 15 minutes in the oven until they're golden brown and done.
- Take them out of the oven and brush some butter on top.
- Let the buns cool down to room temperature (or serve slightly warm)
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.