This recipe for a savory bread meatloaf with video is delicious. Eat it at Sunday brunch, but it's also very delicious with Sinterklaas or Christmas.
Again a recipe video (with moving images, I'm stil work in progress :-)), because you gave such a great response on the first video. This time a recipe for a savory bread meatloaf which, as you can see in the video, isn't all that hard to make. Anyone can bake this.
Video how to bake a savory meatloaf
And of course I also add the recipe as a print version, so you can read it and save it in your recipe box. Have a great baking time!
Recipe Savory meatloaf
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 75 ml milk
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 1 egg size L
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 400 grams minced beef
- 4 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg size L, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Pour the milk with the breadcrumbs and leave it for 5 minutes, so the crumbs soak the milk
- Bake the onion until translucent with the garlic and Italian herbs
- Mix the onion mixture with the breadcrumbs, minced beef and egg.
- Place the sheets of puff pastry in front of you (vertical) whereas the sides are just placed on top of eachother and press the seam
- Make a roll of the meat (about 40 cm) and place that on the puff pastry.
- Roll the pastry until all the meat is covered
- Form a circle of the pastry. Close the circle and press the seem with your thumbs tightly.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with fennel seeds
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the meatloaf on top of the paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the oven. Serve warm