Strawberry cake rolls, a sheet of airy cake covered with strawberry jelly and buttercream. Roll it up to get a delicious cake whereas in each bite you can taste all the flavors at once.
Tomorrow is Sunday and of course a perfect day to serve something sweet. Maybe family or some friends come to visit. In that case, I have got a delicious dish: Strawberry cake rolls. Up to 2 days shelf life , so if there is anything left-over , you can enjoy another delicious piece of cake the next day.
- By rolling the cake while still warm it forms and eventually it will be easier to form a roll.
- If the jelly won't smear quite well, warm it a little in a saucepan. It will go better afterwards.
- Substitute the almond meal with all purpose flour if you want to make this recipe nut free
- If you don't have vanilla extract, you can substitute it with 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar.
- This recipe is delicious as a sweet treat at your next high tea.
- Serve it with fresh strawberries.
- Store these rolls up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- The cake rolls can't be stored in the freezer.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Strawberry cake
Did you make this strawberry cake rolls? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Strawberry cake rolls
- 1 egg size L
- 50 grams almonds ground
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 10 grams butter melted
- 1 egg white size L
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 110 grams sugar
- 60 mL water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 sheet gelatin or 1.5 gram powdered gelatin
- 125 grams butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Draw on a baking sheet a rectangles of 20 by 25 cm.
- Put it on a baking plate with the drawing site under.
- Beat the egg with the almond flour and powdered sugar in a bowl until light yellow in color.
- Fold in the flour with a spatula.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg white.
- When the egg white slightly stiffens whisk in the sugar and keep stirring until the whites are very stiff.
- Gently mix with a spatula one fourth egg white until it's incorporated into the batter.
- Then stir in the rest of the egg white gently and carefully.
- Spread the batter among the colored rectangle and bake for 7 minutes in the oven.
- Lay a baking paper in front of you and spread 2 tablespoons of coconut on top.
- Lay the cake on the baking paper and roll it up tightly.
- Unroll and cut off the edges (about 1 cm). Discard those pieces.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Heat the water with the milk and dissolve the sugar herein.
- When it is hot turn of the heat and solve the gelatin into the milk mixture.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat the butter with the vanilla extract very airy in about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk mixture, while mixing, until well blended and very airy.
- Smear the jam over the cake .
- Then divide the cream on top.
- Place on a baking sheet and roll up tightly.
- Let cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Cut into rolls (about 1.5 - 2 cm).
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.