Chocolate zucchini cake is a delicious cake. By using zucchini with oil instead of butter, you get a light moist cake, generously filled with chocolate chunks.
Today there were many hikers passed by my house at the Maas Meander and I offered them all a chocolate zucchini cupcake. In this cake butter is replaced by oil and grated zucchini, so the cake is moist. Many walkers were surprised by the delicious taste. And as promised to them, the recipe for this cake.
And how nice of you that so many hikers remembered the spinach quiche of last year. I hope this was just as delicious.
- If you want to make the cake even "healthier" than you can replace the sugar with agave syrup.
- This recipe is lactose-free when you use dark chocolate with a high percentage of cacao (but be sure to check the label of the chocolate)
- You won't need a mixer for the mixing of the batter. You only need a ladle to mixe in order to get a good result. Baking powder and bicarbonate provide the airiness.
- Would you rather make cupcakes or a large cake, bake the cupcakes 25 minutes instead of 50 minutes.
To 3 days in advance:
- These cakes can be stored three days in an airtight container at room temperature and are therefore easily prepared in advance.
It's a good taste!
Recipe chocolate zucchini
Chocolate zucchini cake recipe
- 250 grams flour
- 400 grams sugar
- 40 grams cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs size L
- 240 ml sunflower oil
- 1 zucchini grated
- 160 grams chocolate in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Grease and flour a cake tin.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs and the oil and mix well with a spatula.
- Fold the chocolate and the zucchini through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, or divide between the cupcake molds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven until the cake pen (or skewecomes out clean. (30 minutes for cupcakes)
- Tip: Also nice with a scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream.