Turban cake with cashew nuts: a creamy cake with brown sugar and a delicious cashew nut topping. You can rightly call this a coffee cake because this cake tastes great with it. And by baking it in a turban, it looks extra pretty.
This delicious cake looks beautiful because you bake it in a turban baking form. It's got a topping of caramelized cashews flavored with a hint of cinnamon.
The cake itself is creamy and got a deep flavor because of the brown sugar. A cake to bake for a special occasion.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Turban cake with cashew nuts
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 50 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 110 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 100 grams sugar
- 125 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 120 mL milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Grease the baking tin and dust with flour.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping together with fingers and spread in the form.
- Put the mold in the refrigerator until use.
- Stir in a bowl the flour, baking powder and salt together with a fork .
- Mix in a second bowl the butter and sugar with a mixer for about 3 minutes on high speed.
- Add the eggs, 1 by 1 ( add the second when the first egg is incorporated), and mix again for 1 minute.
- Add ⅓ of the flour and mix it into the batter.
- Then add 60 mL of milk and mix it again.
- Repeat (first third part flour, then remaining milk and mix). Finish with the last part of flour, mix and pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the oven.
- The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Unmold the cake on a wire rack and let cool down to room temperature.