Turban cake with cashew nuts: a creamy cake with brown sugar and a delicious cashew nut topping. You can rightly call this a coffee cake because this cake tastes great with it. And by baking it in a turban, it looks extra pretty.
This delicious cake looks beautiful because you bake it in a turban baking form. It's got a topping of caramelized cashews flavored with a hint of cinnamon.
The cake itself is creamy and got a deep flavor because of the brown sugar. A cake to bake for a special occasion.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Turban cake with cashew nuts
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams cashew nuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted, room temperature
- 325 grams flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 110 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 100 grams sugar
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 120 mL milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Grease the baking tin and dust with flour.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping together with fingers and spread in the form.
- Put the mold in the refrigerator until use.
- Stir in a bowl the flour, baking powder and salt together with a fork .
- Mix in a second bowl the butter and sugar with a mixer for about 3 minutes on high speed.
- Add the eggs, 1 by 1 ( add the second when the first egg is incorporated), and mix again for 1 minute.
- Add ⅓ of the flour and mix it into the batter.
- Then add 60 mL of milk and mix it again.
- Repeat (first third part flour, then remaining milk and mix). Finish with the last part of flour, mix and pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the oven.
- The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Unmold the cake on a wire rack and let cool down to room temperature.