This easy-to-make banana loaf pound cake is deliciously creamy, has a nice sweet banana flavor, and is also delicious and quick to make. It has a cake structure, is wonderfully airy, and your whole house smells wonderful. An excellent recipe for processing your ripe bananas into a delicacy that no one can resist; so delicious!
Banana Loaf Pound Cake
Does that ever happen to you? Sometimes your weekly amount of bananas is gone on day two, and the following week you'll stick with them. One way to use ripe bananas is to prepare a delicious banana ice cream, a really simple recipe. And they like that in my family in winter and summer; it's one of our favorite banana recipes.
But what I also often come across for processing overripe bananas is a banana loaf pound cake. So, of course, I want to try that too. And the result: If you like bananas, you like this pound cake.
Most likely, you have heard of banana bread, a firmer and denser version of this easy banana cake.
A creamy, moist cake, airy with a delicious banana flavor. Surprisingly simple to make yourself with easy ingredients, which you probably have at home. We will eat it more often because it's a great way to use your brown bananas, and you?
This is the basic recipe for making a banana cake. You can vary endlessly by adding chocolate chips or nuts. Or decorate the top with bananas. Highly recommended is this Cashew Nut Banana Bread. You also can use a muffin tin and divide the batter. This way, you can make 12 banana muffins.
What do you need for a Moist Banana Pound Cake?
To prepare this Banana loaf pound cake, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog.
- Bananas - The best bananas are overripe—nice brown spots and not good to eat out of hand. The bananas provide sweetness but also bind the cake. Do you have too few bananas or no time? Then store them without skin in a freezer box in the freezer until used. This way, they will stay well for a month. Optional, you can add an extra banana for decoration. Top the batter before baking in the oven with a sliced or halved banana.
- Sugar - Adding a little extra sweetener to the cake will make it tastier. When using light brown or dark brown sugar, the banana cake will get a hint of caramel.
- Egg - Makes the cake richer in taste and ensures binding.
- Vanilla Extract - Vanilla and banana are a delicious combination. If you don't have vanilla extract, use one teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
- Salt - Adding a little salt makes the banana cake taste sweeter (really) and even more delicious.
- Self-rising flour - This is flour to which baking powder has been added. This will make the banana bread airy and rise in the mold. Don't have self-rising flour? Then replace it with your own flour mixture of 2 cups (250 grams) of all-purpose flour or cake flour (this will make the cake even softer) and one teaspoon of baking powder. Don't use baking soda; it won't work in this batter because it contains no sour ingredients.
How to prepare this Easy Banana Loaf Recipe?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the egg in a large bowl.
- Pour in the sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix well.
- Also, add the salt and self-rising flour. Combine both salt and flour with the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a cake tin and bake for one hour in a preheated oven at 350 °F (180 °C). Let stand at room temperature for five minutes and remove the banana cake from the pan. Let cool further on a wire rack.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Banana Loaf Pound Cake
- 3 - 4 bananas smashed with a fork
- 1 egg beaten, size L
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ stick butter melted but not browned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups self-rising flour
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Brush all sides of the cake tin with butter.
- With a spatula mix the egg through the mashed bananas.3 - 4 bananas, 1 egg
- Add the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract and mix very well.¾ cup sugar, ¾ stick butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle salt on top and again take the spatula and mix everything through and through.⅛ teaspoon salt
- At last, take the self-rising flour and add to the mixture.2 cups self-rising flour
- Mix everything so that all the flour is wettened.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour in the oven.
- Get the banana bread out of the oven and place it on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Then get the cake out of the tin and let it cool down further on the cooling rack until serving time.
- Room Temperature - Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Freezer - Let the banana loaf pound cake cool completely and wrap it well in plastic wrap (two layers) or put it in a freezer box. You can keep it in the freezer for up to two months.
Leave a Reply