A delicious side dish or appetizer this filled Caprese baguette. With fresh tomatoes, Mozzarella and basil and then baked in the oven. A quick recipe.
What I really do like in summer is a Caprese salad. We eat it often when the weather is warm on a baguette , lunch or as an accompaniment to the barbecue. But what I like better for spring , autumn or winter is to use this salad as a base for a nice filled baguette. Delicious on Sunday afternoon when relaxing, but also great to eat with a soup . Use enough salt and pepper as seasoning, because the Mozzarella and tomatoes that you use could use a little pizzazz.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Caprese filled
Filled Caprese baguette
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 1 baguette ready to bake
- 2 tomatoes
- 125 grams mozzarella cheese
- 5 leaves basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper at taste
- Cut the baguette diagonally, not through and through, about ⅔ depth.
- Crush the garlic cloves in a small bowl and mix with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grease the olive oil/garlic on the cut surfaces.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Put in the notches.
- Seize the mozzarella apart and put it with the tomato into the notch.
- Chop the basil finely and put half of the basil with the tomato and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with olive oil and season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- (If you do not want to serve the bread immediately roll it right now in an aluminum foil and put it in the refrigerator (use it the same day).)
- Put the bread in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown at 225 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle after baking the baguette with the other half of the basil. Serve.