Today, we journey to Italy's sun-drenched cuisine with this delicious Stuffed Baguette Caprese Recipe. Inspired by the iconic Caprese salad, this recipe is a delightful twist.
Crispy baguette infused with garlic-olive oil and filled with slices of juicy tomato, creamy Mozzarella, and fresh basil. This is not only very tasty but also looks great!
Baguette with Mozzarella and Tomatoes
What is a delicious dish is a Caprese salad. We often eat this in nice warm weather on a baguette, for lunch or as a side dish with the barbecue.
On Sundays, I like to make a grazing board with small snacks. And this is my new favorite to serve with it. A variation on the traditional salad as a basis for a delicious baguette.
It is delicious on a grazing plate and as a side dish with soup. This is just a perfectly filled baguette.
Tomato Mozzarella Baguette
It is a recipe that you can prepare quickly. Cut the bread and fill it with tomato, Mozzarella, and basil. Use plenty of salt and pepper for seasoning. Use a little extra spice for the mozzarella and tomatoes.
Wrap in aluminum foil and bake. Enjoy this delicious Caprese baguette filled with your family and friends.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 1 baguette ready to bake
- 2 tomatoes in slices
- 5 oz. mozzarella in slices
- 5 leaves fresh basil cut in strips
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper at taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 440 °F or 390 °F
- Put the garlic in a small bowl and mix with three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cut the baguette diagonally, not through and through, about ⅔ depth.
- Brush the olive oil-garlic mix on the cut bread surfaces.
- Put the tomatoes and Mozzarella in the notches.
- Spread half of the basil on top of the baguette.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with the remaining garlic-olive oil mix, and season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- Put the bread in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining basil on top.