Sweet potato hummus a delicious variant of the hummus made from only chickpeas, which I also love. A tasty fresh vegetable dipping or as a spread.
Sweet potatoes, a few years ago they were not as well-known as they are now. So that has clearly changed. And in addition to being very versatile, they are also healthy.
The sweet potato is a vegetable with beta carotene in addition to vitamins C and B. That gives that beautiful orange color. But it also protects the skin against UV radiation. And sweet potatoes contain a relatively large amount of fiber.
Because the sugars in a sweet potato are slowly digesting, you do not get any sugar peaks and your blood sugar level remains virtually the same.
Sweet potato as a
You can use sweet potato as a vegetable or as a carbohydrate replacement, as in this sweet potato chicken in coconut sauce, but also cold as a dipper. And you can use it in desserts, but more about that in another blog. Today we start with the recipe for sweet potato hummus.
It's a good taste!
Sweet potato hummus
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 1 sweet potatoes washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the sweet potato on top.
- Put the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake the potato for 45 to 60 minutes until it is done. You can check that by carefully pricking the potato with a fork. When you feel no resistance the sweet potato is done.
- Allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Peel the skin of the potato and cut it into cubes.
- Put the cubes together with the olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a food processor and pulse until you get a smooth mass.
- Taste and add salt to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until use.
- Tasty as a spread on a toast or with fresh vegetables.