On Sunday we like to eat a bowl of soup, tomato soup this week. With a nice baguette with it. Laid Back. And if we get additional visitors, there is always enough.
And that is widely known. And this tomato soup is many people's favorite. The recipe is simple, even though it takes some time. But then you've got a super tasty soup. With fresh tomatoes for some vitamins and passata to make the tomato soup a bit thicker and add a full tomato flavor. And I add some sage. Sage is a herb that is great in combination with tomatoes. A slight accent and yet so nice.
Did you know you can grow sage in your own garden? You just plant them in the garden and make sure they don't dry out the first summer. After that, they can take care of themselves most of the time. Though when you get severe frost, I would cover them up. But that counts for lots of plants.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Rich homemade tomato soup
- 1000 grams tomatoes quartered
- 1 onion peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 sage chopped
- 900 ml beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1000 ml passata
- 125 grams bacon fried
- 100 grams minced beef rolled into balls
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce sweet
- salt and peppe r to taste
- cream optional
- parsley fresh, optional
- Put the olive oil in the saucepan and add the onion and sage.
- On low heat let the onion bake for about 5 minutes.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and put a lid on the pan for 2 minutes.
- Then pour the broth in and bring everything to a boil.
- Puree the soup in a blender and push it through the holes of a coarse sieve, so no seeds are left.
- Add the passata, soy sauce, bacon, and sugar to the pan.
- Wait five minutes and taste.
- If necessary bring the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for fifteen more minutes.
- Pour in a bowl and serve with a spoonful of whipped cream and a sprig of parsley.