These winter meringues look beautiful and tastes delicious. By adding the mixed spice into 4 lanes against the wall to lubricate the piping bag, you get a nice stripe effect in the meringues. And the meringues get a subtle spicy flavor. They are wonderfully crunchy and just sweet enough.
The meringue is not so difficult to make. 3 minutes mixing before it went into the piping bag and piped on the baking plate. 2 hours at low temperature in the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Spiced winter
- 4 egg whites
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon anise ground
- 1 teaspoon cloves ground
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Assemble a piping bag with a large nozzle and serrated edge.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl that you cleaned with hot water and detergent (dry well afterwards). Beat the eggs with a mixer until stiff.
- Add the sugar tablespoon by tablespoon while mixing. Mix until the eggwhites are stiff.
- Mix in a bowl the spices with the water and pipe to four lines on the inside of the piping bag.
- Spoon the egg whites into the piping bag and create beautiful foam turrets on the baking paper.
- Put the baking tray in the oven for 2 hours.
- Allow the meringue to cool to room temperature.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils