Taste the enchantment of Asian-style cuisine with these Asian Green Beans. It is a delicious dish with green beans that you stir-fry with a tasty sauce.
This simple side dish can be on the table within 10 minutes. Be surprised by the shiny, perfectly baked beans, and enjoy the delicious Asian flavors!
Garlic Ginger Asian Style Green Beans
My children are not all big vegetable lovers by themselves. That used to require some negotiating skills, but nowadays, they try more. But they still have their favorites and things they don't like.
But we really do like Asian cuisine here. So when I put these stir-fried beans on the table, after some reluctance, one of the kids decided to try the vegetables. And when he started serving up a second spoon, the other two knew this was right. I had to be quick; otherwise, I would have had nothing left. It could be worse…
Chinese Style Stir-Fried Green Beans
The flavors of this dish come from Asian cuisine: soy sauce, sesame, garlic, and ginger. The beans are briefly stir-fried and then smothered in the tasty sauce. All in all, a preparation of less than 10 minutes.
And then you have a delicious side dish on the table, nice to serve, for example, with Babi Kecap, Chicken drumsticks fried in soy sauce, and sweet and sour pork (Koe lo Yuk). A delicious meal with rice or noodles.
This recipe is ideal for busy evenings because it is quick to prepare and approved by the kids! So, I have to share this recipe with you.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Asian Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 pound green beans washed and ends cut off.
- 4 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds black
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan over medium heat.2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Add the green beans to the pan and fry until lightly browned about 5 minutes.1 pound green beans
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, chili sauce and sesame oil.4 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 cloves garlic, 1 inch fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Add this mixture to the fried green beans in the pan and fry for another 2 minutes until the beans are glazy and the sauce sticks to each bean.
- Pour the Oriental sauce with the green beans in the white frying pan
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the green beans with black sesame seeds.2 teaspoons sesame seeds black
- Serve the beans immediately.
- Use fresh green beans, but you can also use frozen green beans if you don't have them. Then, extend the frying time by 3 minutes.
- Instead of green beans, this recipe is also very tasty with sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, or bok choy.
- Refrigerator: Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: You can store the green beans in a freezer bag or box in the freezer for up to 2 months. The structure of the beans will change slightly.
- Reheat: Place the green beans with the sauce and two tablespoons of extra water in a pan and heat until they are hot.