Stir-frying Brussels sprouts leaves them with a bit of a bite. Delicious. Then they are coated with orange glazed and accompanied with pecans. A great Thanksgiving side dish you can say.
Brussels sprouts, when I was a child I didn't like them as much as I do now. They got such a specific flavor that didn't please me. But when I grow up I got to appreciate them. And now it's one of my favorite vegetables. To bad the kids aren't grown ups yet.
- you don't cook the Brussels sprouts make sure that you buy the small ones, otherwise they get to much bite.
- you stir-fry the Brussels sprouts, they might brown a bit. Never mind that gives a great flavor.
- you want a savory touch you use salted pecans for the nice accent.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Brussels sprouts with orange
Did you make this Brussel sprouts with orange glaze? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Brussel sprouts with orange glaze
This recipe is:
- frying pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 500 grams Brussels sprouts small, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest finally grated
- 2 tablespoons balsamic cream
- 50 grams pecans salted
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the Brussels sprouts.
- Stir-fry for 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn the heat to low and add 2 tablespoons of butter, honey, orange juice, zest, balsamic cream.
- Stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and add the pecans. Mix well
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.