Juicy chicken breast with a delicious orange thyme sauce. Eat it with baked potatoes. Irresistibly delicious.
For Valentine's Day you make something delicious for your love. I certainly do. And if you don't like Saltimbocca, this tender chicken breast with thyme sauce may be the dish for you. Serve with baked potatoes and for example this Valentine salad.
I choose this recipe for Valentines day because thyme is the love herb that you should use on this day of love. In the days of the ancient Greeks, thyme was the herb to be sacrificed to the goddess of love: Aphrodite. And thus an excellent choice for February 14th!
How to bake a tender chicken breast
You bring the chicken to taste with salt and pepper and dust the chicken with flour. That way it gets a crispy surface and remains wonderfully tender and juicy on the inside. You bake the chicken on high heat at first, that way allow it to brown quickly and then turn the heat to low until it's done. Together with the orange sauce with thyme a delicious dish. And now quickly the recipe.
Chicken breast with orange thyme sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- pepper and salt at taste
Orange - thyme sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme fresh or 2 teaspoons dried
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 2 oranges juice
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- Heat the oil in a pan and melt the butter.
- Pat the chicken dry, sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
- Beat the excess flour off the chicken.
- Fry on both sides for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the shallot.
Orange thyme sauce
- Add the thyme, stock and orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Let the sauce reduce by half.
- Stir the cream into the sauce and season with salt and pepper.