This is a delicious tower of tender veal with eggplant, mozzarella, tomato and paraham. An Italian toprecept a modern twist baked in the oven. Perfect for Valentine's Day. And a skinny recipe to.
This great recipe always takes me back to our holiday in Italy almost 10 years ago. The warm weather, the idyllic scenery and the wonderful flavors that you could smell everywhere. Scents of tomato, basil and thyme.
And every night I ate another new dish from the menu of a small Trattoria. Quiet, relaxed.
On one of those evenings I ate my first Saltimbocca, a nice piece of veal with prosciutto and sage, finished with white wine. So good. At home I made it often. And I adapted the recipe in the past few years, more delicate and I added some vegetables.
I make this recipe quite often on a special occasion. At dinner parties, Christmas or Valentine's Day. The advantage is that you can prepare it all on forehand and then you only need to bake it briefly in the oven. And you can keep all your attention at your guests. Enjoy!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Oven baked
Did you make this oven baked Saltimbocca? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Oven baked saltimbocca
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 veal cutlets
- 4 slices zucchini ½ cm thick
- 4 slices mozzarella ½ cm thick
- 4 slices tomato 1 cm thick
- 2 slices Parma ham
- sage fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the veal cutlets flat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan on high heat
- Add the veal and bake on each side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Bake in a grill pan the slices of zucchini and tomatoes.
- Divide the cutlets in half and lay them in front of you.
- Top it with a slice zucchini, then the tomato, mozzarella, Parma ham and sage.
- Put a second piece of veal on top followed by a slice of zucchini, tomato and mozzarella.
- Insert a skewer through the tower and place in a baking dish.
- Store under plastic foil in the refrigerator until use.
- Before serving, bake 10-15 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.