Delicious deer steak with rosemary rolled in bacon, green beans in bacon, and mashed potatoes with spring onions. A true Christmas dinner.
If you want to serve something really special, serve this delicious deer beef skewers with rosemary (rolled in bacon) a great idea. It's great to make in advance, and the recipe is ready in just a few minutes.
Serve the beef with green beans rolled in bacon and creamy mashed potatoes with spring onions. An easy, yet elegant recipe. Great as Christmas dinner or a dinner party.
More recipes for your Christmas dinner
I've already blogged quite a bit of recipe for my Christmas dinner. Started with a delicious amuse-bouche of duck breast filet and cranberry followed by an entrée of smoked chicken and avocado stack (really try that one!) and a creamy broccoli cappuccino soup. And last night I blogged a pomegranate spoom to neutralize it. Today we follow up with the main dish: delicious deer beef on a rosemary stick, green beans with herb butter and bacon, and mashed potatoes. And as a dessert, I served three chocolate mousse.
A great dinner which can be prepared in advance
Delicious, elegant and the dinner can be prepared in advance without having too much stress. And of course, after the Christmas dinner recipes are done, you'll get a wrap-up with a grocery list and timetable, but let us start with this recipe.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Christmas dinner: deer beef, green beans and mashed potato
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
Deer beef with bacon
- 800 grams Deer steak
- 200 grams bacon
- 8 twigs rosemary fresh
Grean beans rolled in bacon
- 300 grams green beans
- 8 tablespoons garlic butter
- 150 grams bacon
- 12 stalks chives
Mashed potatoes with spring onions
- 1 kg potatoes floury
- 1 spring onion sliced fine
- 50 ml milk
- 25 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon salt at tastes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Deer beef with bacon
- Cut the beef in cubes of about 1 x ½ inch (2 x 1 cm)
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each cube.
- With a skewer punch a hole in a cube.
- Take the needles of the rosemary twig (only leave the end needles on) and prick the cubes on the twig
- Heat some oil and bake the beef on both sides for about 3 minutes.
Green beans rolled in bacon
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Cut the ends of the beans and rinse them well.
- Fill a pan with about 2 inch (5 cm) water and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes (not longer) and rinse them with cold water to stop the boiling process. Drain in a colander.
- Take a slice of bacon and put a teaspoon garlic butter in the middle.
- Put 3-4 beans on the bacon and roll the bacon around the beans.
- Use a sprig of chive to bind everything together.
- Lay in an oven casserole and bake for 15 minutes.
Mashed potatoes with spring onion
- Peel the potatoes and cook them until they are done. Drain.
- Warm the butter and milk in a pan until it almost cooks. Turn of the heat.
- Mash the potatoes and mix the buttermilk through.
- Add the spring onion and whisk well.
- Taste and add, if necessary, salt and pepper.