8 delicious recipes that served together make up a terrific Christmas dinner. With a time table and grocery list, so Christmas dinner becomes really relaxed.
What a delightful dishes came by the last couple of day. That was what I tought at least. And after the grand dessert yesterday, came an end to the recipes of the Christmas menu.
And of course this year you get a time table, recipes and a grocery list so you can get through Christmas dinner without stress. That will certainly succeed.
On the blog we of course don't stop with Christmas. I even added a few cool themes for you on the program. From tomorrow: Christmas baking. But also tasty Christmas / winter drinks and some great ideas for Christmas Breakfast / Brunch pass by in the upcoming weeks. Yummy! Hope to see you around!
It's a good taste!
Christmas wrap up recipes and
The recipes in order of serving:
- Christmas amuse bouche salmon in arugula oil
- Onion tart with thyme
- Pea soup with cray fish
- Christmas scroppino
- Potato gratin, skinny version
- Roasted vegetable casserole
- pork tenderloin stuffed with apple and pistachios
- Grand dessert for Christmas
Christmas dinner wrap up recipes, grocery list and time table
- 50 grams arugula
- 1 shallot
- 1 red onion
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 apple sour like granny smith
- 4 limes
- 4 potatoes waxy and large
- 400 grams peas
- 1 courgette
- 4 tomatoes roma
- 1 egg plant
- 2 fennel
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 200 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 8 tablespoons herbal oil
- 8 eggs size L
- 500 ml cream
- 1 liter milk
- 75 grams cheese
- 75 grams cheese old
- 500 grams butter unsalted
- 100 grams crayfish
- 100 grams smoked salmon filet
- 12 kg pork tenderloins
- 3 onions
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 small toast
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- handful pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 60 ml vodka
- 50 ml tartufetto or Baileys
- 1 bottle prosecco
- peppermint extract
- vanilla extract
- 175 grams chocolate dark
- 75 gram candy canes
- 1 sheet gelatin
For homemade vegetable broth *
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Grate the lemon. Store the zest with 1 teaspoon sugar in the refrigerator (in a closed jar)
- Make the lime ice cream. Store in the freezer until use.
- Make the candy cane ice cream. Store in the freezer until use.
A day before
- Create the vegetable broth
- Make the arugula oil for the Christmas amuse
- Make the pea soup. Allow to cool to room temperature and store then in the refrigerator.
- Put the prosecco and vodka in the refrigerator.
- Make the tartufetto mousse
In the morning
- Cut the salmon fillet into cubes, store in the refrigerator until use.
- Cut the silver onions into thin slices, store in the refrigerator until use.
- Cut the puff pastry and place on the baking sheet. Store covered in the refrigerator until use.
- Fry the onion with thyme. Keep covered at room temperature.
- Slice the potatoes into thin strips. Make the potato gratin (without cheese) and bake 15 minutes in the oven). Let cool to room temperature, grate the cheese and keep covered in the refrigerator until use.
- Make the roasted vegetable casserole (=without the cheese for grating) and bake 15 minutes in the oven) Let cool to room temperature, grate the cheese and keep covered in the refrigerator until use.
- Prepare the stuffed pork, fry the pork, and let cool to room temperature. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator.
- Make the batter of the lava chocolate cake. Put in the muffin form and store in the refrigerator.
- Put a bottle of water in the refrigerator so it is nice and cold.
- Put the white wine cold.
In the afternoon
- Take 4 appetizer spoons / cups, 4 small plates, 4 small cups of soup, spoom four glasses, four plates and four dessert plates and set them ready for use.
- Also put an ice cream scooper nearby.
- Set the table. Use a red wine and a white wine glass. A glass of water is also recommended.
- Put on the right side of the board (as seen from the plate) 1 large knife, 1 tablespoon and two small knives. On the left side (seen from the plate): 1 large and 2 small fork forks.
- Put a napkin on the plates.
- Decorate the table with candles, Christmas greenery and so on.
a few minutes before the salmon amuse
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Just before the salmon amuse
- Put the pastry in the oven for 8 minutes
- Prepare the salmon appetizer and put 1 teaspoon arugula oil in the bowl, then some salmon, a blob of wasabi, a few onion rings and sesame seeds. Put the toast behind it.
Just before the onion tarts
- Heat the soup on medium heat
- Heat the onions briefly until just warm.
- Cut the puff pastry in half and place the onion in between. Serve immediately.
Just before the soup
- Set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Get the lime ice cream from the freezer
- Pour the soup into the bowls and add 1 tablespoon of crayfish.
Just before the scroppino
- Put the pork in the oven. That should bake for 40 minutes (slightly longer due to the lower oven temperature)
- Put the vegetable casserole in the oven. Which still needs 30 minutes baking.
- Put the potatoes in the oven. They need to bake for another 25 minutes (a little longer because of lower oven temperature).
- Spoon a scoop of ice cream in the glass. Stir in 1 tablespoon of vodka and serve with the prosecco. Sprinkle with lime zest and serve immediately.
Just before the main course
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before carving. The vegetables and potatoes can directly placed at the table.
- Get the candy ice cream from the freezer.
- Bake the lava cakes in the oven.
Just for dessert
- Spoon a scoop of ice cream on each plate, a lava cake and a mousse tartufetto