Roasted vegetable casserole, deliciously flavored with Italian herbs, oil and cheese. Baked in the oven so that all the aromas and flavors blend well. A top recipe for Christmas.
When I think of Christmas in my past, I think of roulade. One of the recipes that my mother was likely to make at Christmas dinner. Or ham, also a faithful table companion during the Christmas season. The desserts, I have a lot ice cream rolls eaten as dessert and as an appetizer we ate shrimp or salmon salad with cocktail sauce as only my mother can make it. That's just so good.
I remember enjoying the Christmas season, to go to church where I sang a lot of Christmas songs and after that it was really Christmas for me. The snow in my remembrance it was there was every year (though I see so little pictures with real snow) the family who came to visit and the beautifully decorated tree. I enjoy the Christmas fun. But I still can't remember what kind of vegetables we eat. Maybe they were not served (although I can't imagine my mother skipping vegetables) or they are repressed in my memory (;-)).
So now I'm making sure that my children can say that, hereby "Boys in 2015 we ate roasted vegetable casserole." So that problem is also solved.
- roasted vegetables casserole are very nice to see, especially if you combine different colors. In this case I used the purple eggplant, red tomato, white fennel and green zucchini.
- Vegetables from the oven which can have a bland flavor and it is important that you flavor them well with salt, pepper and herbs.
- The vegetables can turn too brown, so cover them with aluminum foil when you see that happen.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Roasted vegetable
Did you make this roasted vegetable casserole? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Roasted vegetable casserole
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- oven dish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 4 tomatoes roma tomatoes are delicious
- 1 eggplant
- 2 bulbs fennel
- Italian herbs
- cheese old cheese preferably
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the baking dish with oil.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the sides and bottom of the dish with the garlic.
- Cut the zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant and fennel bulbs into slices about 0.5 cm thick.
- Arrange the sliced vegetables alternately (so first a slice of zucchini, then tomato, eggplant and finally fennel and repeat that) in the bowl.
- Drizzle with the rest of the oil.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grate the cheese on top.
- Slide the casserole in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Check every 10 minutes if the vegetables won't become to brown. In that case cover with aluminum foil.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.