This recipe for roast potatoes with thyme, garlic, and shallot makes a really delicious side dish. Great with chicken or a beef dish.
With 9 different sorts of thyme plants, I got myself a new problem. Which one can I use for this recipe? I took the one with the strongest thyme smell. I thought that would be a great odor in the house. And when I put the roast potatoes with thyme, shallots, and garlic in the oven, I knew:
It really is. The dish did not only taste quite good but smelled similar.
Baby potatoes with skin
I took small potatoes (don't know how to pronounce this kind in English) and brushed them to clean them. My children love them when they are peeled, but the most vitamin is just underneath it, so I prefer to eat them unpeeled.
With this kind of potato, you almost don't notice the skin because it is so thin.
The potatoes were delicious and the whole bowl was empty afterward, which was special because I had to buy more than usual because you can only buy these by the pound.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Roast potatoes with thyme, shallots and garlic
- 1000 grams baby potatoes small
- 2 cloves garlic sliced very thin
- 3 shallots quartered
- 2 sprigs thyme only leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Put the oven dish already in the oven so it becomes very hot.
- Heat a pan with water on the stove.
- Brush the skin of the potato and rinse them carefully.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Drain them carefully after cooking.
- Put the potatoes in the hot oven dish. Therefore the skin will dry very quickly and they become crisper. Combine it with the garlic, shallots, thyme, and olive oil and mix well. Add enough salt to get the right taste.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes.