A small but beautiful Christmas amuse bouche salmon in arugula oil. In addition, delicious seasonings like wasabi and sesame seeds. This is a real winner!
A small snack to tickle the taste buds, that is what an amuse bouche should be. And this appetizer with salmon, arugula oil and wasabi fully complies with that. And it looks super nice. You can serve it on an amuse spoon, which is convenient because then you eat it in one bite, but when I wanted to take them it came out ... I don't have amuse spoons. Yes my husband laughs at me probably because my kitchen cabinets are full of all kinds of dishes, but it's true this time: I have none. That is just another good reason to go shopping and buy them anyway ;-). So I decided to add a piece of toast, which you can use as a spoon and that worked out great. Indeed I was very fond of it and maybe I'm not going to buy the spoons and serve it this way anyhow.
- you make use of short shelf life products, make this dish just for you eat it and don't pre prepare.
- you love spicy food, just like me, use the pure wasabi paste. But if there are kids enjoying dinner, you can also mix it one on one (or at taste) with mayonnaise.
- the arugula oil is too thick, you just use a little extra oil to thin. First put in the arugula on the plate and then the salmon, so the flavors combine better.
Christmas amuse bouche salmon in arugula oil
- 50 grams arugula
- 100 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 3 pearl onions small, in sweet sour
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 small toast
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- Put the arugula in the blender and grind until smooth.
- Pour the olive oil with it and blend it until you have a smooth oil.
- Cut the salmon fillet into small cubes.
- Cut the pearl onions into very thin slices.
- Put a teaspoon of oil on the bottom of the dish / appetizer spoon.
- Put on one half a tablespoon diced salmon on top.
- Pipe a small blob of wasabi next to the salmon.
- Break the toast in half and insert it behind the salmon.
- Put some onion slices on top of the salmon.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.