This recipe for a creamy broccoli cappuccino is a nice appetizer for a Christmas dinner. Made of fresh veggies and a homemade vegetable broth.
Today the warm entree of our christmas dinner. A creamy broccoli cappuccino.
Made of fresh vegetables and I used a delicious homemade vegetable stock as base. So it’s a vegetarian starter.
And I wanted to make a soup which doesn’t feel to overwhelmed. And which gives you a full stomach. We still got some additional courses on our christmas menu.
- you use the cream cold, it will stiffen much easier.
- broccoli is a soft vegetable, so you won’t have to sieve the soup. When you cook make sure the florets are very small, so the broccoli is done earlier.
- you have fresh nutmeg grater to you for a beautiful flavor accent it.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe creamy broccoli
Creamy broccoli cappuccino
- Soup pan
- immersion hand blender
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion small
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 500 grams broccoli cleaned and sliced in small florets
- salt and pepper at taste
- 100 mL cream
- pinch nutmeg
- Melt butter in the stockpot.
- Slice the onion fine and bake on low heat in the stockpot until it looks glaze (about 4 minutes).
- Add the stock and broccoli and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream until it gots the same thickness as yogurt.
- Blend the soup and add salt and pepper at taste.
- Pour the soup in a beautiful glass. Top it with a tablespoon (or two) whipped cream.
- Great some nutmeg on top for extra flavor
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.