This easy recipe for a creamy broccoli cappuccino is a nice appetizer for a Christmas dinner. Made of fresh veggies and a homemade vegetable broth.
Today the warm entree of our Christmas dinner. A creamy broccoli cappuccino.
Made of fresh vegetables and I used a delicious homemade vegetable stock as the base. So it’s a vegetarian starter.
And I wanted to make a soup which doesn’t feel too overwhelmed. And which gives you a full stomach. We still got some additional courses on our Christmas menu.
- Make sure your cream is cold before beating. Cold cream can be whipped more easily.
- Broccoli is a soft vegetable, so you don't have to sieve the soup.
- Grate some fresh nutmeg on top of the soup for a beautiful accent.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 liter vegetable stock unsalted
- 1 kg broccoli
- 50 grams goat cheese soft
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra vierge, at taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and cook the broccoli for about 8 minutes in the broth until cooked (to check if there done prick with a fork in the broccoli, the fork should go easy in and out).
- Put the broccoli in a new pan and add 60 mL of broth.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add now as much broth until the soup gets the desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the soup a bit on the fire so that it is hot.
- Meanwhile, cut the goat cheese into cubes.
- Ladle the soup into a cup.
- Add in the middle of the soup some goat cheese and sprinkle a little olive oil in the soup.
- Make your own vegetable stock, that way you know exactly what you're eating.
- Don't bring the soup to a boil. It has to be really hot. The point where you see steam above the pot but not yet any boiling bubbles are the best temperature.
- If you want to eat this soup vegan substitute the goat cheese with semi sun-dried tomatoes
- This recipe can be made with cauliflower or zucchini instead of broccoli.