A delicious and easy recipe for an amuse-bouche of duck breast, smoked for additional flavor, combined with homemade cranberry compote becomes a delicacy.
And today we start with an appetizer. An amuse, a small snack served on a spoon, which is supposed to be eaten in one bite. Today I chose an appetizer of smoked duck breast, homemade cranberry compote placed on a bed of arugula.
When you make the cranberry compote (which you can store for a week in the refrigerator, the amuse is made in a few minutes. And that's what I love when I serve Christmas dinner!
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
amuse of duck breast filet, cranberry and arugula
- 500 grams cranberries
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 150 ml port wine
- ½ lemon juice
- Cranberry compote
- 50 grams smoked duck breast filet
- 30 grams arugula
- Put the ingredients for the cranberry compote in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Let everything cook until the cranberries have burst. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Put some arugula on a spoon
- Take the duck breast and spread a teaspoon of cranberry compote on top.
- Roll the duck breast and put 2 rolled duck breast filet on the arugula.