Amuse-bouche with Ham and Cranberries - don’t let the name fool you because this is one of the easiest amuse-bouche recipes I know. And it’s kids-proof! The salty ham with the sweet cranberry compote is a great finger food combination and is the ultimate crowd-pleaser.
Kids-Proof Amuse Bouche
Although my kids love good food, they don’t always like the same food as adults. We as parents appreciate an amuse-bouche with duck breast or an amuse spoon with smoked salmon.
And while we’re looking forward to such a delicious treat, my children aren’t as happy as we are when they hear the menu.
And because I find it important to keep a great Christmas atmosphere at the table, I make a few dishes, especially for them.
Of course, they are all easy recipes because I’m not particularly eager to stand a lot of the time in the kitchen at Christmas. So I have made some wonderful children’s dishes that take little time and almost no budget. They are easy and fast to make (or prepare in advance). I asked my own test panel to try them on the forehand, and they loved these amuse appetizers.
What do you need for an Amuse-Bouche with Ham and Cranberries?
To prepare this kids-proof Amuse-Bouche, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Ham - Charcuterie. Buy a thinly sliced delicious cooked ham, as you use on children’s ham sandwiches.
- Cranberry Compote - This best of season holiday spread is deliciously fruity and great food combined with the ham. I’ve got a superb homemade Cranberry compote recipe on this site which pairs well with the ham.
- Chives - a mild oniony taste. But I use it in small amounts. I think the green chives and red cranberry compote give this amuse that great Holiday feeling.
How to prepare Amuse Bouche Spoons with Cranberry Compote and Ham
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Take your amuse spoon (a Chinese spoon will also do the trick) and drape the ham on top.
- Add half a teaspoon cranberry compote. Sprinkle some chives on top.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Amuse-Bouche with Ham and Cranberries
- 4 slices ham thin, deli / charcutterie
- 2 teaspoons cranberry compote
- 1 sprig chive sliced finely
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Take a bowl or an (amuse) spoon and place a slice of ham on top.4 slices ham
- Use ½ teaspoon cranberry compote and put that on top of the ham.2 teaspoons cranberry compote
- Garnish with chives.1 sprig chive
- Refrigerator - Store it covered for up to two days in the fridge.
- Freezer - You could freeze it for up to two months, but this is an easy recipe; I recommend making this fresh.