Jelly with ice cream, whipped cream and strawberries and full of colors. Every kid will love this dessert. And it's real fun to serve it with Christmas.
Yes, I know strawberries aren't in season but to be frank normally I don't use them out of season in any recipes. But my children love strawberries and it's Christmas time so I made this dessert. The fresh strawberries I just used as garnish, because the strawberries made in the ice-cream are from my summer harvest that I froze right after picking them. So I've got the full flavor of summer strawberries and a great dessert for the kids.
The idea of the jelly I've seen a lot on Pinterest, but honestly I don't know at which sites. I just thought it was great fun to use in my kids menu. Because it's not hard to make and it looks terrific. You just have to put your glass in a 45 degrees angle after pouring the gelatin in (e.g. by placing it against a cup or bowl. When it's stiff you can place it normal and the shape remains.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Christmas dessert with
Did you make this Christmas dessert with strawberries? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Christmas dessert with strawberries
This recipe is:
- 200 ml strawberry syrup
- 300 ml water
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 1 jar strawberry ice cream
- 150 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- strawberries fresh for garnish
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Heat the lemonade with the water until it just starts to boil
- Turn of the heat, take the gelatin out of the water and mix in the strawberry lemonade. Stir well with a whisk, so no limbs are formed.
- Pour the gelatin in glasses and put the glasses in a 45 degree angle (I placed them in an angle in a bowl) and let them stiffen.
- About 15 minutes before serving take the ice cream out of the freezer, so it softens a bit.
- Beat the half and half with icing sugar until it's stiff.
- Put the ice cream on top of the jelly.
- Garnish with whipped cream and some fresh strawberries
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.