Bouillon always does well with children, and with cheese stars it becomes pure indulgence. Delicious homemade and an easy to make recipe. It does well with the kids.
Creamy broccoli cappuccino my children did not exactly became excited. Or rather not at all. For a tomato soup or a broth you can win there hearts, but this was a bridge to far. So this year they get a delicious vegetable broth with the addition of homemade cheese stars. When I made this test meal it was eaten with great taste. And the vegetable broth was also needed for the creamy broccoli cappuccino, so it didn't took any extra work.
- you've had extra broth which you don't need, use it as the basis for one of the other soups or you can freeze the remainder (after cooling to room temperature) in the fridge. It can be stored up to two months.
- when you make this broth for kids, use about 1 teaspoon per liter broth. You will normally use 1 teaspoon salt per 500 ml.
- To prepare, make the cheese stars and cook them for 5 minutes. Just before the soup, you do they then only need to heat them for a brief moment in the oven.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Vegetable stock with Christmas cheese
Did you make this vegetable stock with Christmas cheese stars? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Vegetable stock with Christmas cheese stars
- 5 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 50 grams cheese matured
- sea salt
- vegetable broth
- 5 sprigs parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With a cookie cutter (star form) slice the puff pastry and each star is put on the baking sheet.
- Continue until all the dough is used.
- Brush the stars with the egg.
- Grate some cheese on top of the puff pastry stars .
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven (until golden brown).
- Heat the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the parsley stalks.
- Spoon some soup in a bowl and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve with cheese stars
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Soup / hotchpot pan