These three amuse bouche with ham, shrimp, and goat cheese are super tasty! A spoon filled with chicory and shrimps, duck breast with cream ham, goat cheese with Parma ham, and pine nuts. What a delicious combination. A delightful entrée to serve at Christmas or Easter.
Three Amuse Bouche, Simple and Delicious
There is nothing better than starting dinner with a teaser. A small snack will get the taste buds accustomed to all the delicacies to come.
And often, those amuses are so tasty that they deserve a place in the spotlight. And that is the case, for example, with these three amuse-bouche recipes. They are super delicious on their own and complement each other at the same time.
The warm shrimp in a creamy curry sauce with chicory, a salad with fig, apricot, and Parma ham, and a roll filled with cream ham, covered with salty duck breast and dipped in crumbled Biscoff cookies.
And when you serve them together on a plate, this makes an excellent starter. Nice for dinner with friends, Christmas or Easter!
This recipe has been adapted from a Dutch blog called Hap en Tap.
What do you need for this Easy Amuse Bouche Recipe?
To prepare these three amuse bouche with ham, shrimp, and Goat cheese., you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
Amuse Bouche with Duck and Cream Ham
- Duck breast fillet - Thinly sliced duck breast meat. It is smoked, which gives it a salty taste. This is delicious in combination with the creamy ham mousse and sweet Biscoff cookies.
- Cream cheese - Use a natural cream cheese at room temperature (this will make it easier to mix)
- Ham - Cooked ham from the charcuterie department.
- Biscoff cookies - Or Dutch Speculaas. These cookies are flavored with winter spices such as cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and pepper. Crumble the biscuits, and you get a delicious dipper for this duck amuse-bouche.
Salad Amuse with Cucumber, Parma ham, and Figs
- Cucumber - use an English cucumber. Wash the cucumber (better use an organic one) and slice the cucumber lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer. You can drape this nicely in a glass.
- Fig Jam - A full-bodied sweet jam made from fig.
- Dried apricots - Cut this sweet dried fruit into small cubes and mix with the Parma ham.
- Goat's cheese - Buy soft goat's cheese, natural, and crumble it over the ham.
- Pine Nuts - Toast the pine nuts before adding them to give them a nice nutty flavor.
- Balsamic Glaze - This is reduced balsamic vinegar. This makes the taste sweeter and full. Use this as a dressing in the salad.
Shrimp Amuse Bouche
- Chicory - Stew this vegetable in the orange, honey curry sauce, and it will get a mild taste. Chicory is sometimes known for its bitter flavor. But you can quickly solve that. Cut the back of the chicory and then remove the core. This way, you remove the bitter part from the chicory.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter to fry the chicory briefly.
- Honey - To sweeten the chicory sauce.
- Curry powder - Curry and chicory are a delicious flavor combination, and this sauce proves that once again.
- Orange - Use an organic orange. Grate the zest (make sure you don't grate the white, as it is bitter. You also use the juice to give the sauce more flavor.
- Stock - A delicious fish stock as a base for the curry orange sauce. If you don't have fish stock, use vegetable stock.
- Cream - To make the sauce creamy.
- Shrimp - Large shrimp that you serve in the sauce. I have used cooked shrimp that I fry briefly, but you can also use uncooked shrimp. Bake the latter until they are pink. Do not forget to remove the intestinal tract. You do this by making a slight indentation on the back and pushing it out with a toothpick.
- Chives - It has a light onion flavor and colors well with the amuse-bouche.
- Sesame seeds - Sesame seeds have a delicious nutty taste. Sprinkle this as a garnish and seasoning on the spoon before serving
How to prepare these Great Amuse Bouche Ideas
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
Amuse Bouche with Duck and Cream Ham
- Place the ham and cream cheese in a blender and pulse until you have a smooth mousse. Put aside.
- Grind the Biscoff cookies fine until you've got crumbs.
- Place a slice of duck breast fillet in front of you and add a tablespoon of cream ham. Roll up.
- Spread the cookie crumbs over a plate and dip the ends of the duck roll in the biscuit crumbs.
Salad Amuse with Cucumber, Parma ham, and Figs
- Divide the fig jam among the glasses.
- Place strips of Parma ham and cubes of dried apricot on top.
- Crumble the goat cheese on it.
- Fill the rest of the glass with cucumber slices and pine nuts, and sprinkle with balsamic glaze.
Shrimp Amuse Bouche with Chicory
- Melt butter in the pan and fry the prawns lightly until they are pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Braise the chicory strips in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the honey, curry, orange zest and juice and stock. Raise the heat to high and reduce to ⅓ of the volume.
- Pour in the whipped cream and let it reduce to yogurt thickness. Spoon some sauce onto an amuse-bouche spoon and place a shrimp on top. Garnish with orange zest, chives and sesame. Serve hot.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Three Amuse Bouche with Ham, Shrimp, and Goat Cheese
Duck breast filet with cream ham
- ½ cups cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz. ham deli, slice the ham into small strips.
- 4 Biscoff Cookies or Dutch Speculaas
- 4 oz. duck breast filet
Salad Glasses with goat cheese, Parma ham, apricots, and pine nuts
- 4 teaspoons fig jam
- 2 slices Parma ham deli, slice in thin strips
- 2 apricots dried, sliced in small strips
- 1 oz. goat cheese soft
- 1 cucumber English, slice the cucumber in strips with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts Roast the pine nuts until they smell nutty in a dry frying pan.
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze Garnish
Amuse Spoon with chicory and shrimp
- 2 heads chicory
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 orange Grate an orange and halve it. Juice the orange.
- ¼ cup fish stock
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 shrimp big, peeled, remove the gut of the shrimp.
- 1 sprig chives
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Duck breast with ham mousse
- Put the ham and the cream cheese in a kitchen machine with a knife and pulse until you get a mousse.½ cups cream cheese, 4 oz. ham
- Clean the bowl of the kitchen machine and add the Biscoff cookies. Blend until they're crumbled.4 Biscoff Cookies
- Take a slice of duck breast filet and add ham cream cheese on one side.4 oz. duck breast filet
- Roll the duck breast.
- Dip both ends of the duck breast in the finely ground cookies.
- Repeat for 8 slices, duck breast filet.
Glasses with goat cheese, Parma ham, apricots, and pine nuts.
- Take a glass and put a teaspoon of fig jam on the bottom.4 teaspoons fig jam
- Spread ¼ of the Parma ham and ¼ of the apricots on top.2 slices Parma ham, 2 apricots
- Crumble ¼ of the goat cheese in the glass.1 oz. goat cheese
- Spread some cucumber slices into the glass.1 cucumber
- Sprinkle some pine nuts on top.2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Drip balsamic cream on the glass.1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- Repeat for all 4 glasses.
Spoon with chicory and shrimp
- Halve the chicory and slice the core out.2 heads chicory
- Cut the chicory finely and wash it.
- Melt butter in a pan and stir-fry the chicory for 2 minutes.1 tablespoon butter
- Add the honey, curry powder, half the orange rind, and the juice of 1 orange, and the fish stock and bring to the boil.2 teaspoons honey, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 orange, ¼ cup fish stock
- Let it cook until you've got ⅓ of the volume left.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil again. Let it cook until you've got a yogurt thick sauce. Turn of the heat.½ cup cream
- Melt butter in a frying pan and bake the shrimp on both sides.4 shrimp, 1 tablespoon butter
- Flavor the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Put a bit of chicory on a spoon and top that with a shrimp.
- Garnish with orange rind, sesame seeds and chives.½ teaspoon sesame seeds, 1 sprig chives
- Amuse-bouche of duck, cream ham, and Biscoff cookies - You can make this amuse-bouche in the morning and keep it airtight in the fridge until ready to use.
- Salad appetizer - Keep the cucumber ribbons in a water bowl in the refrigerator until used. Pat dry before assembling the salad. The apricots and ham can be cut into small pieces and kept covered in the fridge. Putting the salad together just before serving is now a piece of cake.
- Appetizer with Shrimp and Chicory - Make the chicory sauce in the morning and store in the refrigerator until use. Then add one tablespoon of extra liquid and heat over low heat. Bake the shrimp just before serving and serve this appetizer warm.
This looks yummy and super fun to make for a weekend!!
Such a fun idea for an elegant starter to a lovely meal.
This makes for such a great starter.
Jessica Formicola says
I always try to make something a little more elegant for Easter dinner, and this looks perfect! Definitely going to try it out this year!