This years starter: a tower of smoked chicken with avocado is one of the most delicious appetizers I know. And the recipe is very simple. Let me show you!
When I followed a workshop about three years ago at "over de tong" in Boxmeer in the Netherlands I learned this dish and what a superb combination of flavor. We have since eaten this many, many times and I will also serve this for Christmas dinner. It's just too good. The creamy avocado, spicy red onion, flavorful turmeric and curry, smoky chicken and sweet ginger. And combined this is a delight to the taste buds, I can tell you.
So this year after my appetizer of duck breast, I will serve smoked chicken topped with avocado.
And I can promise you this is going to be satisfying. And of course we end this full Christmas menu at the end of this week with a summary of all prescription and a schedule! So you can enjoy a carefree Christmas.
- you mix the avocado with lemon juice the avocado doesn't brown.
- you slice the ingredients very small, the flavors become more intense.
- you used to much sauce with your smoked chicken, the tower collapses and that would be a pity. So let it drain well before combining it.
- you want to pre-prepare this dish, make the smoked chicken with sauce and keep it in a bowl in the refrigerator. Also prepare the avocado mixture and store it the same way. You can pre-prepare both in the morning. That way you only have to assemble the towers for dinner.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Smoked chicken with
Did you make this smoked chicken with avocado? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Smoked chicken with avocado
- 2 avocado's
- 1 lemon
- red onion small
- 300 grams smoked chicken
- 150 mL yogurt
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons ginger syrup
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 teaspoons curry
- Peel the avocado. Cut in half and remove the pit.
- Cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Combine the avocado with a teaspoon of lemon juice (so the avocado won't discolour).
- Chop the red onion very finely.
- Mix the onion with the avocado.
- Whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger syrup, turmeric and curry to a nice sauce.
- Taste and add some ginger syrup or salt and pepper at taste.
- Cut the smoked chicken into small cubes and mix with the sauce.
- Put a little arugula on the board. Grab a cooking ring with a diameter of 7 cm and place it on the rocket.
- Fill about half the ring with the chicken salad. If it is very moist let it drain before use.
- Make sure that you clean the ring between the smoked chicken and red onion mixture (and in between the plates) well so that the layers remain visible.
- Fill the rest of the form with the red onion avocado mixture.
- Repeat for all plates.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.