Thanksgiving and turkey are tradition. But what if you are just with a few people. Then this turkey Vitello tonnato is a delicious alternative to a whole turkey.
At Thanksgiving tradition is to eat Turkey. But we are with only five in our house. And a whole turkey is just to big. So I made Turkey breast with a tuna sauce. Such a delicious recipe. It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to enjoy this dish. I could eat it every week for that sake (and maybe I will).
The turkey is poached instead of grilled in wine with vegetables. Therefor it gets great flavor. The tuna sauce is spiced up by using capers and anchovies. It is served cold.
- you made the whole turkey but got some leftovers, this dish is great for them. You can also serve the turkey cold;
- you poach the turkey so it stays moist. Make sure it's done before serving. You could use a meat thermometer to check the core temperature.
It's a good taste!
Recipe turkey vitello
Did you make this turkey Vitello tonnato? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Turkey breast with tuna sauce
- Blender or food processor with knife
- 4 turkey breast
- 400 mL white wine dry
- 2 carrots peeled and cut in three
- 2 stalks celery cleaned and cut in three
- 1 onion peeled and cut in 4 pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 100 grams tuna canned
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 anchovies
- 3 twigs chives sliced in small pieces
- Put the turkey breast in a stewing pan.
- Pour the wine in the pan.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion and bay leaf.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper, at taste, on top.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and turn the heat low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the breast are done.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by putting mayonnaise, tuna, capers and anchovies in a blender.
- Pulse until you've got a smooth sauce.
- Add the chives and mix with a spoon.
- Slice the turkeys thin and spread them on the plates.
- Drip the tuna sauce on top.
- Optional: garnish with arugula, lettuce or capers
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.