Chicken drumsticks are always great! These sweet sour chicken drumsticks are great accompanied with rice with sweet onion and a crispy green salad.
Holidays are over and the childeren are going back to school again. Our oldes went on his bike back to High school to pick up his schedule and the other two went to school with a lot of energy. A new year full of new challenges, where talents are developed and opportunities are discovered.
Not just for the kids, of course. I'm also coming back to work on my site and you will find a new recipe each day. Delicious and easy recipes. And that is so useful when the "normal" life starts again (is there ever a week which is normal ;-)).
In the upcoming month I wil further converting the older recipes on this site with allergy inforamation and a save and print button to make everything even more easier.
Today a delicious recipe of chicken drumsticks in soy sauce. Serve with a green salad (like the spicy cucumber salad or citrus salad they are really delicious with this meal).
- You want chicken drumsticks crispy and brown you use a mixture of oil and butter. That way the fat will become hot but the butter won't burn. And you get a nice crispy coating on the outside.
- you don't have dry sherry at home, use saké
- you definitely want your drumsticks done (no food poisoning in my house), so prick the thickes part of the thickest drumstick with a thick needle (;-)) then press on the outside so moisture comes out. When the liquid is clear, then the chicken leg is done.
- sweet soy sauce is nowadays often gluten free, but always check the packaging carefully to know for sure!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chicken drumsticks in soy
Chicken drumsticks in soy sauce
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly, grated
- 100 mL water
- Chop the shallots
- Heat a frying pan (with lid) on the heat and pour in the oil.
- Then melt the butter in the pan.
- Place the drumsticks in the pan and fry on all sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, lemon juice, ginger and water.
- Pour the marinate with the chicken legs and put the lid on the pan.
- Allow 30 minutes to be properly cooked.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.