This delicious creamy kale hotchpot with bacon crispy baked in hoisin sauce, with coconut milk and curry paste has all the spices for a delicious flavor palate. Highly recommended!
"Fried onions ??? In a kale hotchpot. Mom, you can't be serious. This is truly one of the strangest combinations that you've made so far." Thus the conversation was started by the eldest when I came to the table with this dish. That did not start well.
Luckily my kids often try food, even though they really have their preferences. And to their surprise, these Asian kale hotchpot was very tasty, especially with the fried crispy onions which were on top. They thought it was even tastier than the normal kale stew with sausage.
And they even admitted it. One zero for the mums and so there you have it: fried onions with an Asian kale hotchpot is a good combination.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Asian kale
Did you make this Asian kale hotchpot? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Asian kale hotchpot
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1200 grams potatoes floury
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 150 grams bacon
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic sliced thinly
- 500 grams kale sliced thinly
- 75 ml coconut milk
- fried onions
- Peel the potatoes and cook together with the red curry paste in a layer of water until done in about 20 minutes.
- Mix the bacon with the hoisin sauce and fry the bacon in about 5 minutes until crispy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and add the garlic.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the kale.
- Stir-fry the mixture for 2 minutes, then add 100 ml water and cook the kale slowly until done in about 5-10 minutes. Look regularly that there is enough water otherwise the kale will burn (add some water if necessary)
- Drain the potatoes, pour in the coconut milk and mash finely.
- Mix the bacon and kale through the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the fried onions on top of the hotchpot and serve with some sweet soy sauce (if desired) at.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- frying pan
- Soup / hotchpot pan