The recipe for lavender chocolates are delicious, but do not forget the toffee lollipops. This Candylicious delicious candy page will be very much appreciated by everyone
Oh dear, way to late in posting this message. Why? I've been to busy with stocking up my produce. Every night untill late I've been cooking and canning. Almost like a squirrel, getting my own winter stock.
But if I didn't, all my delicious home grown food went bad, so this is late, but with good reason.
And then for the daring bakers challenge. We were dared by Lisa of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives and Mandy of What the fruitcake to make two sorts of candies. One of them had to contain chocolate. I love this challenge for sure.
I thought about it and made the choice to make a lavender bonbon and a toffee lollipop.
They were both delicious, although because of the warm weather the lollipops were soft.
The recipe from the lollipops came from: zelf snoep maken from Francis van Arkel.
It's a good taste!
Recipe lavender chocolates and toffee
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams sugar syrup
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix the sugar, syrup, butter and water in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Let it boil for about 7 - 8 minutes.
- When you put a drup of this mixture in cold water and it hardens immediately, the mixture is ok.
- Use a baking mat and pour the liquid on it.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula until it becomes a firm mass.
- Form it to a long thick strip.
- Cut with a wet and very sharp knife rectangles from the strip. Put the rectangle on a lollipop stick and let it harden for about 1 hour.
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 60 grams chocolate dark at least 70 % cocoa
- 60 ml cream
- 4 sprigs lavender
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Melt 4 ounce of the white chocolate (about 150 grams) au-bain-marie. You can also use the microwave for melting the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate in the mold and keep the mold in the refrigerator for about 1 minute.
- Pour the chocolate out (you should see a layer of chocolate in the mold). Put the mold in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the cream, mascarpone and butter to a boil and turn of the gas.
- Put in the lavender sprigs for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the mixture and mix in the pure chocolate until it dissolves.
- Get the mold and pour the lavender mixture in the mold. Don't fill the holes in the mold full. You should left enough space so you can put a layer of white chocolate above the lavenderganache.
- Put this in the refrigerator until fully set, about 1 hour.
- Melt the rest of the white chocolate and pour it on the ganache. Let it stand for another 30 minutes to set.
- Make lavender sugar by crushing the last sprig of lavender between the sugar. It should colour slightly purple.
- Get the chocolate out of the mold and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Put a lavender flower on top for the final touch.